Mark of Nurgle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mark of Nurgle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark of Nurgle

I called and asked Gamesworkshop about this, even though I have not seen anything about it in a FAQ yet, but if you have a unit that gets into combat with a unit with the mark of Nurgle, and somehow gets combined with a fear causing unit still has a WS of 1.

So for example if a unit of chosen with the mark of nurgle are in combat with some empire greatswords or whatever and you have a character or another unit, like ogres or trolls for example, that causes fear also gets into combat and the greatswords fail their fear check, the WS of the Greatswords is reduced to 1, and the extra -1 they get from the Mark of Nurgle does not reduce it to 0, which would then mean they wouldn't be able to attack and would be autohit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Maybe, but just remember that thanks to the FAQ, they only suffer the penalty when attacking the model with the MoN. It has no benefit when the MoN model attacks them.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, but that way is still just as bad since that would cause you to roll to hit as normal, granted your are the Warrior player, and they would get no attacks back. So having it not be able to get less then 1 at least allows them to attack.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

i wld imagine that they cant go blow zero as everyhting mush have a WS and nerlyeverything says to a minium of 1
    besides do u just not get a +1 to hit and not reduduce thier WS
    for e,g, u wld normaly hit on 3's but u have the MoN so u hit on 2's

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

nope scrap that just read the FAQ
    -1 WS and BS to a minimum of 1
    its kind of crap as u hit nearly everything on 3's anyway and u cant go below 3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

yep, MoN is pretty terrible now. WTB 6th ed nurgle. added wounds to your heroes. WOUNDS!
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am playing it anyway that it goes to a minimum of 1, but where in the FAQ was it showing that its a minimum of 1?

The reason WS0 was brought up is because they specifically bring up having a WS of 0 in the area where it talks about characteristics going to 0, and also then FAQ and so on for like the Masque and other things that can bring leadership and other characteristics to 0.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

in the FAQ b4 8th ed came out it said to a minimum of 1 so logic wld say that they just forgot to re-type that in to the new FAQ

i think in the next codex they will change nurgle as right now u are only realy getting the -1 to shooting which is terrible for the cost
    maybe they shld give them a 5+ regen or +1 toughness

+ Reply to Thread