Writing "tale of" lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Writing "tale of" lists

As I've mentioned previously, I'm doing a "tale of" to get me back into painting at the moment, and I am after some advice on the best way to write the lists.

We've started at 500pts and I have a legal 500pt list already written, but I'm wondering how best to go from here.

We're aiming to stop at 3000pts so would it be best to write a 3000pt list and work backwards or should I work by adding to my existing list?

My WoC Painting Blog updated 3rd Oct 2010

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably would be best to write the full 3000 points. With the new rules on list building being based on percentages you probably wouldn't get far by adding 500 to the total each time. Or you could try 3 lists from 1000, 2000, 3000. I'm working on 3k atm myself, got 2500 so not far to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, write the 3k and work backwards, that way you can be sure every model you buy can fit into the final force, so you won't waste cash and painting time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've actually already assembled pretty much everything I own so I'm hoping I can write a decent 3k list from what I have... On paper I shouldnt have too much difficulty.
    My WoC Painting Blog updated 3rd Oct 2010

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I've always done it by looking at the end product. 3k is where most games are being played now, not 500. So if your 500pt list is weak or flawed, who cares. You're going to use it once or twice and then move on. Write for your 3k list, and then use that as your "model collection". Those are the only things you have available to you in the lower levels.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread