Hellcannon quality query - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hellcannon quality query

I've just been gifted a hellcannon (yay!). So of course I whip open the box to check it out. So now I have a couple of questions for those of you who have previously bought one.
    Firstly, there were no instructions in the box. I loaded up the picture on the GW website and could figure out most of it. But the location of all the chains and extra bits are a bit tricky to figure out from the picture. Are there supposed to be assembly instructions or are we just expected to wing it? (also, any chance someone could post some nice close-ups of their cannon so I can figure it out?

Second question is, when I tried to hold the barrel parts together they were both curved away from each other so that if they were together at one end there was about a half inch gap at the other end. This seems tricky to fix and certainly beyond the realms of green stuff. Have I just got a dud cast? Should I be going to my local store and asking for a straight barrel? Or is there some way to bend that solid chunk of metal without deforming or breaking it?

The person who gifted it to me was ropable when they saw how badly it fit together and wanted to take it off me to go complain. I thought it more sesible to take a day to check with your sensible selves first.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second question is, when I tried to hold the barrel parts together they were both curved away from each other so that if they were together at one end there was about a half inch gap at the other end. This seems tricky to fix and certainly beyond the realms of green stuff. Have I just got a dud cast? Should I be going to my local store and asking for a straight barrel? Or is there some way to bend that solid chunk of metal without deforming or breaking it?
    Both myself and my girl's brother have the same issue with our Hellcannon model. He glued them both so I don't know exactly what he did, but he got them to fit with only a minor gap in the end wich was small enough to work around with green stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Half inch seems pretty large. I had a 1/4 inch gap maybe which i put in the back and then green stuff to fix it. You might want to contact games-workshop directly on their website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be absolutely honest I'm not much of a complainer. It's clear that curvature of the barrel is pretty normal so I am inclined to just get stuck in and make it work. Good call on leaving the gap at the back. Everyone will try to look down the barrel once it's done is my guess. Better to have the patch up job at the less interesting end

So any chance of some photos of peoples hellcannons so I can see where the chains and bits fit? Lovely close ups would be ideal. Come on guys. Show off a little. You know you want to

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Try ebay. there are always pro painted selling hellcannons with tons of pictures.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my hellcannon cheap from a guy who had given up chaos, so it was already put together and just undercoated black. He left me the funnest part to do, just painting . So can't help much about the assembly. But i do have a photo on my profile, not sure how much help that angle will be. I'll try to get another pic up from a different angle for you.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-answer-d.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Metwell View Post
    To be absolutely honest I'm not much of a complainer. It's clear that curvature of the barrel is pretty normal so I am inclined to just get stuck in and make it work. Good call on leaving the gap at the back. Everyone will try to look down the barrel once it's done is my guess. Better to have the patch up job at the less interesting end

So any chance of some photos of peoples hellcannons so I can see where the chains and bits fit? Lovely close ups would be ideal. Come on guys. Show off a little. You know you want to
    I have done the same with the two hellcannons I've asembeld. I also made a closed hatch for the furnace so you see less of the gap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had the same problem with my cannon. I simply put a bit of cardboard on it and used a hammer to straighten it out it made some dents in my desk, but at least I have a straight cannon now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really?! And it didn't break? Good to know. I was pondering attempting some similar treatment but I wasn't sure if it would bend or break...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It wasn't close to breaking, the only visible damage when I was done was a bolt (a small bolt on the tip of the barrel) which was flattened. No big deal of course

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast