Help VS Woode Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    627 (x8)

Help VS Woode Elves

Yay first post

So let me start off by saying that I've been casually playing WH40k for the better part of 5 years now, and have recently made the hop to fantasy (my CSM can only get facerolled by blood angels so many times before it gets old), so I'm not really what you would call a new player.

Seeing as how I've already sold my soul to Chaos WoC was a no brainer. I made the switch back towards the end of 7th ed before playing warriors was the cheesy thing to do, and I can't quite seem to get the hang of them.

My friend who I usually play against was a tau nut, so his philosophy is "stand back and shoot 'em to hell"...thus the wood elves.

He usually fields 3 units of 10 basic archers and stacks a bunch of dryads next to them to kamikaze into anything that he feels is too close.

My most successful game occured when he wiped everything but 3 of my knights and I proceeded to smash almost everything in his army with them before dying, so I think it's safe to say that if I get a little but more across the table in one piece I would probably win (we usually just play kill everything)

I've tried to screen my warriors with puppies, but 30+ archers drops them uber fast.

So what this huge spiel boils down to is, does anyone know if mobbing slaanesh marauders would work any better? I don't really care if they survive I just want to make sure that they last long enough for my warriors to reach the other side of the table. I say slaanesh because the mark is cheap and not having to worry about fear, terror or panic just seems like it would be good for meat shields. And if slaanesh marauders did work how would you guys kit them? Is a LA/Shield combo worth the extra 2 points per model or would I do any better to just keep them cheap?

Thanks for any and all advice

Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to boards and WoC.

Put a character on a disc of Tzeentch. It wil get their quick and will easily eliminate archers.

Put a blasted standard on a unit, combined with a mark of Tzeentch it wil give them a 4+ ward save from shooting attacks.

If you put in a Chosen unit with favoured of the gods and wailing banner and mark of tzeentch you have a great chance of getting a 3+ ward save on them wich would probably get them acros the board to kill the elves.
    Put a warshrine with it: it wil survive a lot and gives you an even greater chance of getting the chosen across the board.

You could also use a Sorcerer lord with shadow magic to drop ballistic skill on some of them.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

All good ideas. I'd go defensive. Tzeentch everything and give them shields, get a block of knights with the blasted banner. Try a hell cannon out.

Don't give up on dogs. If he spends half a round of shooting killing them, then they did their job.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    627 (x8)

Ha I never thought of a disc as more than a sorcerer caddy for some reason, but some kind of character on there seems like a good idea. My only hesitation is what happens on the turn after I get into close combat with it, and his dryads all turn around and proceed to wail on me? Should I not be concerned about the character dying if that means the rest of army is that much closer? A stock tzeentch hero on a disk is 140 points, which seems like a lot to me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

That's actually dirt cheap since he can single handedly beat almost any WElf unit.

Remember skirmishers can line of site now. If you blow past them with your overrun it takes a turn to turn around and then a turn to charge, but by then you're already flown away.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

+ Reply to Thread