Rules Question: Moving and firing the Hellcannon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Rules Question: Moving and firing the Hellcannon

I can't seem to work out the rules for how the Hellcannon works when it comes to moving and firing. It is apparently a Monster rather than a War Machine, but it fires like a Stone Thrower. So in which respects is it a Monster and in which is it a War Machine? Can it move and fire for instance?

Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viktor,
    Check out the FAQ. It is a Move OR Fire weapon. Requires a leadership check each turn to fire, or rampages (dragging crew behind). Fights in close combat and moves as a monster.
    Sabot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

I must have missed that in the FAQ, thank you very much!
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Yeah, I believe it follows the monster and handler rules for everything else. Basically ignore the handlers for everything. They can attack anything that is touching the monster's base, but can't be attacked. Then when your monster gets wounded on a 5+ you remove a crew instead.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necro'ing this one;
    So the handlers get attacks too? That's news to me, I've just been using the attacks and wounds from the hellcannon's profile. I'd better review the FAQ.
    6000 points of WoC... far less painted. My WIP.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Page 66 Warrior book says Hellcannon is treated as a monster and handler. The faq says we ignore the last sentence, which is the randomizing hits between it and the dwarfs. Also the faq says we can't move and shoot nor stand and shoot, but we can shoot without the dwarfs and don't take monster reaction tests if the dwarfs all die.

Now we move onto the BRB.

Monster and handlers ignore handlers for almost every aspect of the game. You can use the leadership of the handlers as long as they're alive. However, they can never directly be targeted by your opponent. How you kill a handler is by actually wounding the monster first and then on a 5+ a handler is killed instead. This is different than 7th edition where hits are randomized, now the wounds to the monster are randomized. Meaning the crew basically has toughness 6 and 4+ armor. This is one of a few small changed that has brought the Hellcannon to the forefront of WoC killiness. I see this as a poo-rmans 5+ ward for the monster. On top of that, any enemy unit that is touching the hellcannon can be attacked by the handlers. Granted the dwarfs don't kill much. Just like a sword gnoblar, don't expect much but be happy when it happens.

Other things that have made this guy a beast in 8th edition is the fact the cannon is classified as a monster, not a warmachine. This gives him thunderstomp against infantry, swarms and warbeasts. On a side note, I love thunderstomping me some khornedogs. And the other change being the removal of guess ranges. You can drop this guy's str5 pie anywhere within range. Oh and ignore the handlers for movement too. No longer as you restricted to a 6" march. Get on your cannon and march that 12"s.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said, pinkus. That's an enlightenment. Rep for you!
    6000 points of WoC... far less painted. My WIP.

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Thanks, I actually have followed it as stated in the WoC rulebook and not treat it as such. This will be a great help thank you.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about if it gets hit by a cannonball? with a character on a mount both models are hit by the cannon. What about the Hellcannon? Do we take the hit on the cannon, then do a 5+ and hope like hell the crew dies? Thats they way I read it. Or do all models get hit?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

had a battle yesterday, and my hellcannon was like 4 inch in front of a extreme tough unit, so i was going to lose, (had only 1 more wound due to magic, but still all my crew)

i wanted to run, piviot a bit, march away out of his LOS.
    they said i could cause i was like a 10000 ton heavy machine, i said i was a daemon, so could run like a bitch...

i didn't, lost the cannon cause i didn't wanted to argue further (still won)
    but in future cause:is a hellcannon a single model like chariot, monsters, survivors etc.
    or does the crew make him a unit? (i think not since he can marche 12inche and crew normaly only 6... )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast