Army comp. and review - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army comp. and review

Can someone please review this list and tell me what is wrong/illegal with it (according to the rules in the BRB, pgs. 132-135)? Someone was bitching that my list was illegal and I am 100% certain it's not, and nobody else at the tournament could find anything wrong with it either.

Also, if you critique, please keep in mind I will only take a unit if it can have the Mark of Tzeentch, and I NEVER take special characters (most tournaments I play they're illegal, as they should be). I wanted a fluffy list, so it's all Tzeentch (my favorite God and I love the Magic Phase) Warriors of Chaos, a small elite force, something Tzeentch would do. Anyway, here it is:

LORDS
    Daemon Prince (495)
    Level 3 Wizard, Mark of Tzeentch, & Tendrils of Tzeentch.

CORE
    20 Warriors - 370
    FC, MoT, & Shields.

20 Warriors - 370
    FC, MoT, & Shields.

SPECIAL
    5 Knights (255)
    Lances, MoT, & Musician.

5 Knights (255)
    Lances, MoT, & Musician.

5 Knights (255)
    Lances, MoT, & Musician.

Note: Some may say the lances are lame on my Knights, but please keep in mind I am a VERY cautious player. I know prolonged combats and against Ethereal units they're bad, but I needed a few strong, Str 6 beasts in my list and I get the charge 90% of the time. Also, I charged a Bloodthirster one time, he was wearing Obsidian Armor, and completely negated the Ensorcelled Weapons of my Knights and I was getting Str 4 attacks against his T6...that sucked!

(PS That Daemon Prince build DOMINATED during the tourney. That's a very potent build at 2,000 points, not much people can do against him. I also got Infernal Gateway Str 11+ off twice during the tourney. Sucked one full 40 man unit of Dark Elves Spearmen and sucked another unit of 8 Ironguts another game! lol They were pissed!) I also played a game because the tourney ended early and sucked away a unit of 30 Executioners with BSB (ASF Banner), and Dreadlord. Too bad that wasn't during the tourney, though. It was the greatest showing of any spell I've ever seen and probably will never do that good with Infernal Gateway ever again. It was a good day for Tzeentch!

In 2,250 point and up I run him like so:
    Daemon Prince (555)
    Fury of the Blood God, Level 4 Wizard, Mark of Tzeentch, & Tendrils of Tzeentch.

Also, a big thanks goes out to Lord Borak, CaptainSarathai, and BrockSamson and the others for answering my post about building a Daemon Prince in an older thread. Those tips basically allowed me to dominate the tournament with my awesome Tzeentch DP (if my army wasn't so fluffy and underpowered I would've felt bad).

Last edited by Chaos Beast; October 6th, 2010 at 04:35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

The guy who accused you of cheating is either a moron or was trying to cheat you in turn. Your DP is (just) under the 25% limit, your Warriors meet the 25% requirement, and your Knights aren't even near the 50% maximum of points for special, and is at the maximum duplicate choice for special. It's an absolutely legal list. The only thing that you should worry about is the #4 Mission, Blood and Glory. Given that you have so few banners you may be at a disadvantage for that particular scenario. But other than that, it's a solid list. Maybe a little spam heavy for some people's tastes, but it looks to have solid strategy and it is 100% legal.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

I agree. 100% legal.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

+ Reply to Thread