Welcome to Librarium Online!
Currently I have 71 Chaos Warriors:
1 Champion (painted)
2 Standards (1 painted, 1 undercoated)
2 Musicians (1 painted, 1 undercoated)
20 equipped with Halberds and shields (9 painted, rest undercoated)
10 equipped with just shields and no weapons
36 still on sprues
To ensure I have a variety, how would you recommend I build the 36 still on sprues, and the 10 that currently have no weapons?
I have 20 more halberds still unopened in blisters, and everything that came on the sprues to choose from.
I'm hoping you Lords of Chaos can divulge your wisdom!
My WoC Painting Blog updated 3rd Oct 2010
Well, the only conversion I've done myself, is utilizing the leftover lances from my knights as halberds for warriors. Though, when you run knights with lances, you could probably use their weapons as great-weapons for warriors.
The Silver Knights of Tor Adrac (He): 26/2/4
The Spears of Slaanesh (Woc): 7/2/5
Battlegroup Chalybso (GK): 7/3/3
Marauder Head's actually look quite nice on some Warriors, you'll have to potentially raise them up a little than were they'll rest but I quite like the look.
Gives more of an "Up-and-coming" vibe.
I wouldn't bother with great weapons as it's a waste of our good initiatve.
The rule is that "the majority" of models in a unit must be equipped a certain way for the unit to count as being equipped that way. So essentially how big do you want to run your units of CWs? Units of 24 means you only need 12 equipped each way, so I'd go with that as a minimum bench mark. You have 71 in total so I'd go with something like
20 x Halberd + shield
20 x Hand weapon + shield
20 x Additional hand weapon
2/3 x musician
2/3 x standard
Then Do a few up as "specials" which can act as champions, heros, lords, or be extra bodies for a unit of chosen.
For variety consider the following:
1. Convert knight lances as halberds
2. Mix and match heads (marauder heads, knight heads, chosen heads in particular)
3. Convert some of the weapons that only appear in left hands to being right handed
4. Convert some of the awesome looking knight weapons (the pick axe is my favourite)
5. Use knight shields for special characters/champions
6. Customise using the skulls, spikes and horns from other sprues
7. Mix in some of the heads from marauder weapons onto CW axes
8. Use banner poles and bitz from other armies as long spears, then you can impale elf heads on them for effect
Then use the rest to make up the numbers
If you were so inclined you could even convert a few to have mutations - no game effect but might look cool. Although I guess you could use them for forsaken...
Last edited by ChaosLordUK; October 6th, 2010 at 14:39.