3rd eye of tzeentch: don't leave home without it! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

3rd eye of tzeentch: don't leave home without it!

This is probably obvious for you all, but really, don't leave home without it.

Yesterday I played a game vs lizards. The guy I played is probably top 5 of the players in my country, so I didn't win, but thanks to the eye I popped his Slann in my second round.

How? 3rd eye! Dwellers below kills a Slann on a 4+ (this spell is obviously way too good, but if your opponent has it, why shouldn't you )

This gift let's you know every spell in every game you play! Combined with the lore of shadows you have a fantabolous lord!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Do bear in mínd that you're not allowed to steal lore of life spells. The life attribute heals a wound (ie a healing effect) in addition to the spells normal effect, thus, as far as I interpret it, you're not allowed to actually "steal" lore of life spells at all sadly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you want to be literal about it, the book says: "... provided those spells do not summon additional models or heal wounds suffered earlier in the game.". This means that if he has not suffered any wounds he cannot heal wounds suffered earlier and everything is a-ok.

The intention of this rule must be that I cannot summon or heal anything, remember also that this army book was written before the BRB, I do not think lore attributes are supposed to stop us from stealing the spell effects.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

But you don't actually know. And it's not only the sorcerer, you can heal any model within 12. It's debateable, but the spell got a healing effect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I agree. It's problematic, should have been in the FAQ...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

I'm thinking as soon as the spell would heal something you can no longer use the lore.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Yea I really, really hate this caveat. It makes the 3rd eye near worthless now that everyone knows to take a lore I can't use. Aside from that it's pretty awesome, until yout opponent gets wise and take lore of life. Granted not everyone does, but if your store meta has a good deal of elf and empire players(and lets face it those two armies have become more popular now), you are limited in your choices for what to steal, just hope they take multiple wizards so the chance of being forced to take another lore I guess.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Yeah our DoW guy plays lv4 life and our lizzy play plays a life slaan. The lore is broken TBH.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkus View Post
    Yeah our DoW guy plays lv4 life and our lizzy play plays a life slaan. The lore is broken TBH.
    Not more or less broken then say, a spell with 1/6th of a chance to make an entire unit disappear, no matter it's size. Magic got less reliable and more powerful in the 8th, and that's completely fine (by me, anyway).
    The Silver Knights of Tor Adrac (He): 26/2/4
    The Spears of Slaanesh (Woc): 7/2/5
    Battlegroup Chalybso (GK): 7/3/3

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

279 (x7)

Its more random. They added lots of randomness and took out some skill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast