Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Are Shaggoth's worth it?
I've fielded them a couple of times in 8th and i just can't seem to get them to work right. They tend to just be Cannon soaks. Thunderstomps great with a solid 5 GW attacks at str 8 backing it up, on paper they rock. But i can't seem to get it to work well for me.
What i want to know is how you use them? any tactics? what you aim them at? how do you arm them? at what points you include them in? and Also am i better off using the points in just plain smaller dragon ogres or another rare choice?
Shaggoths are awesome! I use them as support units to aid other units and I try to keep on the flank, protecting my side. GW is a solid choice I would say
Here are a few ideas:
1. Try placing terrain around the flanks to give them cover.
2. Cast MoN regenerate on it.
3. I think there is a Lore of Heavens spell that makes cannons much less effective.
4. Arm them with AHW, that way you don't alyways hit last, and they have more than enough str. anyway.
5. Don't charge into a big steadfast block, wait for the MoK/Marauders to catch up with massed ranks, and then hit their flank.
I don't use any giant models myself. For Rare choices I'd say Warshrines/Hellcannon are pretty awesome to have with our army.
Sona si Latine loqueris.