hellcannon or exalted on disc??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hellcannon or exalted on disc???

Hi,

I just wanted you opinions about something.
    What do you think is better: ....
    - hell cannon?
    - Exalted Hero + flail + mark of tzeentch + armour of morrslieb + disc of tzeentch + stream of corruption + potion of foolhardiness?

Please tell me wich one you prefer ... and also why?

You would help me a lot with it .... since I want one of these in my army for 2400 pts.

thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Hard to say, given that we have no idea what's in your army, or what you are up against.

But since you are asking for blind opinions, here's mine:
    I prefer the Hellcanon because it has lots of skulls and has a slightly bent shaft - something we can all relate to.
    On the other hand a flying disc is also awesome since playing frisbee is definately a Chaos theme.

Your welcome.
    Sona si Latine loqueris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes .... I forgot.

Well, for characters I use a shadow lvl 4 wizard/ bsb on foot and a disc rider with eye of tzeentch and bos.
    Core: warriors/marauders/2x warhounds/ horsemen.
    Special: chosen/knights

I play mostly a korne themed army. And want one of the 2 I mentioned above (hellcannon/ another disc rider + combo given).

It's fot a tournement, so I can't tell anything about enemies.

Is this enough to give good advice?

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

For myself, I'd go with hellcanon just because it can make life hell for low leadership armies, and you get a monster too.

You can't have a lvl4 wizard/BSB I'm afraid.
    Sona si Latine loqueris.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey there.

Both are great units, but I'd definitely go with a Hellcannon in most cases over a second Exalted unless you are running really weak units, and in that case you need to rethink your army composition. The Cannon is just as tough in combat anyway and can blast apart large regiments of your foe's forces when shooting. It gives you good flexibility, even though the Exalted on disk is a very maneuverable unit the hellcannon will be likely to make back it's points worth and then some and is much more of a psychological fear than a little guy on a disk.

I usually try my hardest to rush the hellcannon up as fast as possible with the rest of my army to draw as much shooting as possible to save other units and get it into combat, and then flank with a nearby unit if possible. It will usually hold it's own and since it's "Unbreakable", it won't run away. It's a good "tar pit" unit to hold down annoying hordes.

Sure there are some risks with misfire, but in most cases as long as your Sorc Lord takes the Infernal Puppet, you can try to save yourself some terrible miscasts in the worst case misfire result of detonating all the wizards on the board.

Lastly, it just looks cool and is very fun to play with. It adds some "Chaos" to the army since it's such a wild card.

Hope this helps.
    Fantasy: High Elves 7000pts / Warriors of Chaos 6000pts. 40k: Eldar 5000pts / Chaos Marines 2500pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies.... it really helped.

Ascendo Tuum: Yes and a monster is always nice.... But how come you tell me I can't have a wizard level 4 and a exalted with a bsb? Cause I am pretty sure it can.

scorpio7777: great points .... I thought the disc would be better but after what you told me I started to change my opinion.

But i do have a few concerns:
    I wanted the disc so he can destroy war machines that would shot me to pieces. Since I allreay have one disc. 2 could eliminate those threats more quickly.
    Or do you think that a extra disc isn't that nessessary to do this jop since I have a disc/horsemen/shadow magic.

- Does the hellcannon attract a lot of shooting/magic?

Do you think it would make a differents? I want to use the hellcannon not for it's shooting but only to rush forward to charge a bad ass enemy unit to hold it up or even destroy it, so the rest of my army could kill the rest.

Thanks, hoping to hear your thought about those things.

props added by the way. (if I can find out how to do it haha ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bretonnian,
    The hellcannon is a beast, he'll do you proud. It's an absolute tarpit in CC. I rarely actually fire it. In regard to Ascendo's post, I think he was saying that your LV4 can't be a BSB. Your initial post was a little confusing. Yes, you can have a LV4 and a BSB. Obviously they cannot be one in the same. A disc rider draws a lot of fire, and falls to it. With the hellcannon you essentially have a T6, 5 wound, thunderstomping, terror-causing monster who has 3 5++ ward saves thanks to his little (heh) chaos dwarf crew. He'll take fire, shrug it off, and make it across the lines to do damage.
    6000 points of WoC... far less painted. My WIP.

+ Reply to Thread