Hell Cannons vs Monster Reaction Test - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Hell Cannons vs Monster Reaction Test

I was playing my friend's High Elves the other night and, with weight of fire, by turn two he had killed off the crew of one of my Hell Cannons. On the Monster Reaction Table, I rolled up the Stupidity result. How does this interact with the Hell Cannon's own special rules for failed Leadership Tests? We ruled that the Stupidity result overrode the special rules, and so for the next several turns he just trundled forward D6" a turn, but I eventually passed my Stupidity test. At this point we ruled that, since I had already passed a leadership test, I had full control of the unit.

Did we rule this correctly? Or would I have to pass to Leadership tests, one for stupidity and one for the Hell Cannon's own special Rampage rule?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

This happened to me as well- my Hellcannon misfired and rolled a 2, eating its entire crew. I proceeded to roll up Stupidity on the React table. We decided that since we didn't know the order in which the tests should be taken, that we would roll to determine which effect to follow. 1-3, Stupidity Test, 4-6, Rampage.
    If anyone knows of a better or more correct way, let us know.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Page 66 – Hellcannon, paragraph before profile
    Ignore the last sentence. Add “Note that if the Chaos Dwarf
    crew are destroyed for any reason, including being eaten by
    their Hellcannon, the Hellcannon will need to take a Monster
    Reaction test.”
    I always assumed this meant there was no need for a test. But I guess at second glance that's not the case.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would suggest that since they happen in the same phase then the player gets to choose which order to do the tests. They both come under random/compulsery movement. So following the general idea with shooting/combat phase, the player whoose turn it is decided which order to do the tests. This is the general theme throughout the game.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

But, in this situation, would one have to take both tests? Or does the one roll for Leadership, if successfully passed, fulfill both tests? And if you get the chance to choose the order in which the tests are taken, why would you ever roll the stupidity first? Because If you fail your Rampage roll, at least the HellCannon will move towards the enemy quickly, as opposed to just bumbling along 1D6".

Is it time to maybe start bombarding GW with emails of this question until it gets FAQ'ed?

+ Reply to Thread