Chaos up soon for a new army book? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos up soon for a new army book?

I was on another site and Warriors of Chaos was rumored to be redone for 8th edition. The rumor went TK, ogres, and then warriors of chaos.

Does anyone have any insight or news on this, or is it just total bs?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Really? I feels like we’ve only just had an update, hell we haven’t even had our second wave of models yet. Sorry but I really can’t see that happening. I would have thought Dwarves, High Elves, Dark Elves, Vampires and Wood Elves would have been before us.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I strongly doubt it. There are other armies that need changes more than WoC do.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything said previously sounds good, but I'd guess up to two years for a second wave to arrive- if there is one- and the new army book in maybe four years?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

If this is true I'll eat my own socks, and they stank!

There are at least 4 armies with 6th edition books still (TK, Ogres, Bretonia, and Woodelves), some with crappy early 7th edition books (empire, dwarves), and some who's base tactics have been totally destroyed in the 8th edition (Vampire counts).

Considering WoC got something of a boost with the new rules and new items, I'd say that we are a far, far way away from a new book.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

I strongly suspect there will be a complete range of new models released to justify the 30% price increase that will include all the new characters, but that's about it. Warriors are currently (IMHO!) the strongest WH army in 8th ed to date.
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

Senior Member Punching Gnoblars's Avatar
    The warp somewhere, took a left at Comorragh and got a little bit lost...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wat! getting an all armoured army of chaos leaves most balanced armies running, the basic warrior has a 4+ save 2 attacks at high WS and I!

My group struggles to beat my friends chaos army, as we submit one army and thats it, no tinkering for a specific battle.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

@talismanictattoo Dwarfs are also 6th edition, they where the very last ones to get an update before the moved to 8th

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chaos aren't getting an update anywhere in the near future. We don't need to change and I don't want us to. Right now we own, especially compared to *shudder* hordes of chaos... Seriously, the chosen were worse than warriors now. Other armies such as empire, dwarves, WE and TK really need an update, but definitely not us.
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Chaos aren't getting an update anywhere in the near future. We don't need to change and I don't want us to. Right now we own, especially compared to *shudder* hordes of chaos... Seriously, the chosen were worse than warriors now. Other armies such as empire, dwarves, WE and TK really need an update, but definitely not us.
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast