How do you beat a horde of droges with khorne? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you beat a horde of droges with khorne?

I'm new to the fourms but have been playing a plate khorne army for about a year now. i usaully use lots of warriors, knights and warshrines, and a few warhounds.
    The problem ive been having lately is my friend uses throgg, nurgel sor., 10 trolls, 18 dragon ogres and some marauders to fill in the gaps. i dont have my book but a horde of droges with great weapons gets like 54 str 7 attacks, that kills alot of warriors. not to mention he usually puts the nurgel regen spell on them if he can. i have had zero luck in beating this unit any advice would be appreciated. thanks

edit: just thought i would mention they are not the crappy gw droges but nicely converted from cold ones and black orks.

Last edited by angryscotsman; March 8th, 2011 at 00:00.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

fire magic spam should be enough to dent either unit. D ogres are as easy to wound as a basic warrior (same T and Armour). something 6 wide and 3 deep would be massive to move, so using your dogs and such to block/tarpit/redirect shouldn't be hard. a horde of those things has to be over 1000pts so you should have no problems avoiding the unit as little else will be on the table. Even a combination of different magics could help (nurgal - quagmire = approx 50% gone. Lore of shadows lower S or T = useless in combat. Remember, if a model with regen takes a wound from a flaming attack, it may not regenerate for the rest of the phase. So first you burn them with magic, then you can hit them with any other spell and not fear the regen. Also, anything that makes them take an I test will rock their socks.

Trolls are no problem, Warriors with AHW, MoK, and the banner of eternal flame will make these things a bad memory. T4 with no regen vs flaming attacks (and 4 attacks per model, you do the math)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your not kidding about it being a massive unit but it dose have movement of 7. i never have too much trouble with the trolls.
    i guess i will have to break down and use more magic. thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

simple thing, 6 units of warhounds one after the other, just march them right up in his face and make it so that no matter where he moves he'll have to charge the warhounds, just masses of them to get them stuck
    To Sleep Tzeentch shall come for us all in the end.
    Perchance to Dream To change the living, to the dead.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Hehehe, done that tactic before against a horde of Ogre Iron Guts. 1000pt+ unit surrounded by a load of barking dogs.

Mr Talisman knows his stuff. The best way to combat horde units is with Magic. Grab a Level 4 with shadow and festus. The Withering/Enfeeble and Curse of the Lepper spell might kill his whole unit off in 1 or two turns. That will probably make him think twice about fielding said unit again.

Other than that Shadow magic is pretty awesome on its own. Use mystifying miasma to lower their Initiative then chuck Pit of shades on them. That's another good way to kill them. Hell you could cast both of those combo's in a turn. Scary.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

I'd like to add something to the Dog tactic.

LIGHTNING!

Ahww yeah, you must think I'm crazy, but hear me out.

He gets frenzied, so he thinks you must be an idiot, so he lets it slide.
    Enter the Dogs.
    Force him to overrun/pursuit right away from where the battles are being fought, at full speed.

Do this once or twice and that unit is effectively not taking part in this match.

Maybe use magic to kill him off, but mainly beat the living crap out of the rest of the army.

Oh, try and get a picture of those DOgres on here man! I'm all gittery from the sound of a full converted HORDE OF DRAGON OGRES!
    MAN, PICS!!!!
    YOU CAN'T HOLD OUT ON US LIKE THAT!
    Not cool man, not cool..

Just kidding, but seriously I'd love to see 'em.
    My WoC assembly/paint log! check it out. UPDATED 03-11-'11!
    Check out my guide on how to make Treekin.
    Please feel free to correct my spelling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the replys i do like the dog ideas. Even though i know magic is powerfull/necessary, for non-tournament games i try to keep it to a minimum to stick with the all khorne theme.

i will try to get a pict next time i see him. he is actually working on horde for someone else right no using black orcs and the lizzard guys from the mutant chronicles game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Exactly how much money did he spend on this Horde?
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as far as i know he already had the cold ones so round $60 for 2 boxes of black orcs and some ogre heads. im still working on getting a pict.

+ Reply to Thread