Librarium Online Forums banner

The Unexpected

788 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  TheOnlySolitaire 
#1 ·
A thread for strategies that are sometimes so unexpected, they work when they shouldn't. Yesterday, I watched a really good WoC player pull this one off some unorthodox units against an Empire Cheeser:

1. 20 poisonous warhounds with regeneration spell from Nurgle
This one was really threw his opponent off balance: Lore of Metal.

Khorne Chaos Knights with Lances/Eternal Flame
Not so good against this particular opponent, but could be very nice against a Hellpit.

Marauders in groups of 10 MoS/Flails, nude in 10x1 formation
Awesome, watching an Empire gunline wasting 40 shots on a 10 man unit that won't panic is priceless!

He also had a Khorne Exalted with Filth Mace, Phylectory, and Favor who ended up becoming a nightmare for the poor Empire player by the end of the game. Some amazing EotG results rolled.

If anyone else has, or has seen some weird ideas work, let's hear them!

See less See more
#2 ·
30 Warhounds with 3 Exalted champions on Juggers in (who take up the front rank). This gives you some serious killing power and 5 ranks to break steadfast with. Hell you could even make one of the Exalteds a BSB.

Sorcerer Lord on steed with Daemon Weapon and Helm of Many eyes. Can you say SUPRISE?

Khorne Lord on Jugger with the Wizards hat. Life Magic for the win!!

!

#3 ·
Tried a very fun build that worked nicely in a 1000 point game & seriously supprised my opponent.

Chaos Sorcerer II [Death]
Spell Familiar
Sword of Antiheroes
Charmed Shield
[in an unmarked unit with Banner of Rage]

One I want to try out soon:
BSB/MoT/shield + War_Banner
+
Marauder Horde of LA/shields, FC, MoT [in massed rank formation]

#5 ·
Disk riding Lord with the following;

Glaive of Putrifaction
Helm of Many Eyes
Talisman of Preservation
Stream of Corruption

Take the charge from anything big with your Lord.
Do one wound minimum and not break from combat.
Your turn, get some chariots in there (if its not a challenge), end it with stream of corruption (2d6 hits wounding on 3's).
Try not to roll 7 on the EoTG table (I alway do that, it sucks).

Might be expencive, but it sure if fun being able to counter anything big the opponent throws at you.

#7 ·
I fielded a chaos lord with whip of subversion, MoT, tali of preservation for a lovely 3+ ward, and the book of secrets, for steed of shadow..

One of my 2 opponents had a giant and a black orc warboss on a wyvern... I had first turn, so steed of shadow within charge range of both his warboss and giant... This was turn one...
By the end of the game I had only just killed the warboss and had wounded both the giant and the wyvern... but one model tying up the 2 most dangerous and expensive models in his army was quite the laughing matter, especially having only lost 1 of my lords 3 wounds (I think its 3...), despite the pathetic to hit and wound rolls... but then I guess he was using a whip... That little fight kept the two most dangerous models fielded on the table against me from taking the objective and table quarters..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.