no lookout sir for Juggernaut Riders anymore? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no lookout sir for Juggernaut Riders anymore?

I can't seem to get the search function working.

Can the community please let me know what we can do to give our Jug heads a look out sir role in 8th? I can't see it. It looks to me like there are no other units that share the unit type of a character riding a juggernaut. At leas the Tzeentch disk can get the 4+ look out sir role from a nearby group of hounds. (If you know of a thread where this is already addressed please provide link.)

Does anyone run these anymore? Can you provide me links to threads that might discuss viable lists, lord, or exhaulted builds that use these great models? If not, let me know here what works and what does not.

Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

answers are pretty clear in the rulebook. Juggy is now a Monsterous beast. Characters riding MB are considered monsterous calvary. No other unit in our army has that rule.

P.S Disc does NOT get a lookout sir from dogs. The disc might be a war beast, but characters riding warbeasts are considered calvary. So you get the lookout sir from knights and marader horsemen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by talismanictattoo View Post
    answers are pretty clear in the rulebook. Juggy is now a Monsterous beast. Characters riding MB are considered monsterous calvary. No other unit in our army has that rule.

That is what I was reading as well... I was hoping I was wrong as it seems risky running these guys now that they can be singled out so easily. I suppose there are a few tricks left for us to try and survive long enough to get into combat.

That is good news about the Tzeentch disks however!

I am afraid my Khorne lord will not be seeing much play time. It is hard to compete for a spot with a lord that gets a 3+ ward save and a 4+ look out sir role.

Would still appreciate a link/list of some of your favorite 8th edition Jug head builds for lords and or heroes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just checking out some options for a unit of khorne exhaulted heroes. Does Fury of the blood god now translate into a 2+ ward save VS spells for the inididual model, but only a +2 wardsave to the rest of his unit?

(MR2 and ward 4+ vs spells) Starting to see how a unit of three of these guys might make it across the field.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

The model itself has a 2+ ward. the unit only gets the MR2, so a 5+ (4+ for tzeech, or +2 to any other ward in effect).
    lookout sir only counts for template weapons. against normal BS tested shooting nothing is different.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

You can still get away with feilding Jugger Lords. Grabbing items like the charmed shield can ping off the first cannon ball on a 2+. The Crimson armour means your lord will be taking at least 3 Cannon Balls to kill off. On top of that you could grab the 3rd eye of Tzeentch for cheapo ward save Vs Shooting.

However. Remember Bolt throwers can't enter a unit of 5+ models on a character or champion. So it really is only cannons that are a real threat to your lord. (p111)

Simple but surviveable Jugger Lord would be,

Crimson Armour, Dawn Stone, Halberd.
    He'll have a 1+ re-rollable save and cant take more than 1 wound per hit. You can always chuck him in a unit with the Blasted standard too for a 5+ Ward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent, I misunderstood the lookout sir roll. I thought it was for all shooting into the unit. Thank you for the clarification. I am always learning new things about the game!

Thanks for the pointers on the survivable lord.

+ Reply to Thread