No New Book - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No New Book

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

No New Book

You know, I was thinking to myself how the latest two army books released are a bit sparse on the magic item front and only have really powerful one trick ponies up for offer.

Then I got to thinking how things like warriors and marauders are so much superior to other armies infantry and relatively good value for what they do, and then you can give powerful equipment and marks to further bolster their effectiveness.

I just cant see anything getting much better in a new book - perhaps they might revamp the eye of the gods table, or bring back the random mutations that characters used to be able to generate. Maybe we will get some sort of customisable spawn, so that you could buy all sorts of upgrades to turn it into quite a nasty monster again, and at the same time give the opportunity for the modeling crew to bring out another centrepiece miniature for the army.

Whatever happens, I think there seems to be far too much good stuff in the magic items, spell lores and core troop choices which will have to be axed for our next update. All in all, I say put it on the shelf and leave it alone until 9th or even 10th edition - any changes now will surely be for the worse.

What do you think? Are there elements of the army that need improving and could do with a revamp or are you of a similar opinion to me that we already have quite a good book and dont want it messed with?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

give everyone else a new book, and do WoC as last
    since they wanna drop the magical armor, weps, banners and stuff down in the army books i fear we gonna lose a lot good stuff here
    i really don't wanna lose rupturous banner, rage banner, eum yea actually everything, i like to change and try items out, and imo the stuff in the BRB are all of less quality, except for the ward save items, charmed shield and dragonhelm
    they can always improve some in our army, but they can nerf a lor more!
    ok, a new monster/large target or something would be cool, but is not necessary

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

i think that they will increase the marauder section
    like giving marauder chariots and a marauder character that can ride a warhorse

im praying they get rid of, we always have to challenge stupid rule as its so anoying
    maybe if it was even we always have to challange and they always have to accept

would also like it if will of chaos was re-roll failed panic, fear and terror tests

also they might actually make the demon prince worth taking

and as for magic weapons
    im thinking we will keep the hellfire sword however it will do more but cost 100 points
    demon weapons i think will only belong to a certain god so we will have 1 for nurgle, 1 for khorne etc
    then we will have a 50 point magic weapon, prob the chaos rune sword

armour:
    most likely skinhidden plate but conferring +D3 toughness
    then the chaos rune shield

i hope the keep the infernal puppet however the black tounge will probably go as it is now useless

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

Does anyone think they will add the chaos dwarfs to the WoC list? An attempt to give the WoC some shooty units, which I don't like but I'm thinking they might see it as a way to "balance" warriors in terms of shooting.

The DP will have to be redone so he's more capable, I'd think a DP should be one of the most dangerous units in warhammer.

Ogres should be dropped since we have trolls and drogres, replace them with something else perhaps a little more useful or fluffy - like child sized spawn swarms.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

I don't think they will drop much from the unit sections.

I hope they add a Marauder Characters (a weaker cheaper Exalted). As well as Marauder Chariots.

I would LOVE to see the old Retinue rules to be put back in place.
    Basically for every character you had, you must have a unit(s) at least the same points. Back then, this allowed you to have multiple gods in one army. I just love it from a fluff point of view.

I hope the Mark of Nurgle gets redone. Or less points.

I hate the Challenge rule, but I do think it's fluffy and limits our killers a bit.

Hellcannon will cost more, or gets dropped. Sadly.

I'd like to see Forsaken cheaper and/or chaos armor.

Back on topic:
    I hope we get a new book soonish, but after Brets, Woodies, Ogres. Ans a bunch of other armies can and probably should get a new book before us.
    But the reason I hope for the new book, is that it also means new sculpts.
    Other than that, we are fine as we are, and can keep on taking those skulls for a couple of new generations armies.
    With more new books, we might get out "something'd", you know, what happens to older armies when everybody else has new books, we get less playable.
    My WoC assembly/paint log! check it out. UPDATED 03-11-'11!
    Check out my guide on how to make Treekin.
    Please feel free to correct my spelling.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

drop the hellcannon??? haha hell no, it's such a cool model and it's been used a lot (for me and i think for many players)
    a marauders hero would be cool, although we have wulfrik...

they shouldn't drop ogres, just make newer and cooler models, these and the dr.oger models are just ugly and look so... 1980's... (ok some old models are cool, but not these)

that we have to challenge isn't that a big problem for me so, i don't really care.

they should redo or change a bit on DP indeed, they are way to expensive right now.

my biggest fear is all the good items we lose (100 points for a sword, i would never take, i prefer a ballance between offenc and defence, a 4+ AS isn't enough for me, at least not for a 300+ points lord...)
    and that maybe our stats will drop, we have the best overal and core stats, i think they will nerf it :s

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

I've heard a few people mutter about Marauders with crossbows.....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasticmrfox View Post
    I've heard a few people mutter about Marauders with crossbows.....
    hahaha would be very funny
    to bad they are move or fire, but then again, we would have shooting units

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Krull View Post
    You know it's funny, I've been playing mark of chaos a bit lately and the foot trudging, axe throwing marauders in that are awesome. Bringing that to the table could be cool. Maybe like change the rules for them, give them 18" range with the axes or something.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Krull View Post
    Move or fire - adds a whole new element to chaos armies though doesn't it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast