Stand and Shoot question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stand and Shoot question

What situation makes it so archers cannot stand and shoot as a reaction (barring odd spells or magic item effects). In the book it says something like "You can't take a stand and shoot reaction if the charging unit is within half it's charging distance"

Does that mean half the distance a unit could move normally? Or half the distance after your roll on a 2D6 as a charger? Or half your total movement plus 12 (the max charge distance)?

I have a feeling I'm taking a hell of a lot more stand and shoot reactions than I should have to.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can't stand and shoot if they are within move distance, four inches for warriors/seven for knights. So if warriors are four inches away from what they're charging, that unit cannot stand and shoot.

If you cause terror they gotta take a panic test.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

The 'half' is referring to the old rules, where you charged twice your movement in inches.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

The "Half" is as mentioned above, 4 for your infantry, 7 for knights. (your normal move is the distance a normal marchmove would take you),so if you are within 4, with your infantry when you issue your charge they do not get to make a stand and shoot unless they have the special rule "Quick to fire"
    It is also worth mentioning that if you "charge" something with a spawn, scyla or a hellcannon (due to rampage) the enemy you charge with these things do NOT get to make any charge reaction except "hold" (p74 random movement)
    Quote Lord Borak
    Now now lads. This is a forum about grown men playing with toy soldiers. Lets be adults please.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, thanks guys. I was taking shots at HALF my move distance, or anything greater than 2 inches. So this will help.

+ Reply to Thread