Good 1000 point army list? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good 1000 point army list?

So here it is: (This is my first WoC army list)

LORD
    Chaos Lord, Mark Of Tzeentch, - 220p

CORE
    12x Chaos Warriors, Musician, Standard Bearer, Mark Of Tzeentch - 218p (Lord goes here)
    12x Chaos Warriors, Musician, Standard Bearer, Mark Of Tzeentch - 218p
    5x Chaos Warhounds - 30p
    5x Chaos Warhounds - 30p

SPECIAL
    5x Chaos Knights, Mark Of Tzeentch - 220p

RARE
    Chaos Spawn, Mark Of Tzeentch - 65p (I figured the Spawn could be there since I had 65p left, he could draw some cannon fire I reckon)

1001p

Is there anything crucial I should change? Also as you probably have noticed it is a non-maruder list since I hate Maruders.
    And even though it may not be an epic list I think it could win a few 1000 point games here.

So what should I improve?

It doesn't fit you say?

More glue!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

really you should post it in the army section, but overall its not a bad list

I'd drop the lord for a lvl 2 sorc, with items and stuff they usually run in around 200ish pts, maybe lvl2, MoT, talisman of preservation, charmed shield and third eye is 215 iirc

I'd drop the spawn and give your warriors some equip, shields are a must imo for the 3+ while advancing, and either leave them as HW/S for a 5++ save in combat or give them halberds or AHWs for extra killyness in CC

with spare points you could give the unit the sorc will be joining the rapturous standard to help with break tests as fitting a BSB into 1kpts for WoC is pretty difficult

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

You realize the mot does nothing on units that don't have a wardsave of their own (such as knights without equip and Warriors without shields)?
    The Silver Knights of Tor Adrac (He): 26/2/4
    The Spears of Slaanesh (Woc): 7/2/5
    Battlegroup Chalybso (GK): 7/3/3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

wrong, it gives them a 6++

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought I would point this out but Chaos Warriors need to take an upgrade. If you read it it says something along the line of "Chaos warriors must take atleast one of the following." Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Billy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

I think someone else said it prior ... drop the spawn and add shields to y our warriors, this is a must - not an option. Your sorcerer lord could use a little protection too, perhaps the charmed shield.

I think someone else pointed out that a LVL 2 all hooked up would be good. It's not easy to make a WoC 1k list, imo. I've struggled with it many times and you can see my sad attempts on here.

I don't know who you're facing but the hounds might be over kill at this point level.
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree to drop the hounds, or maybe just 1 unit if you have 30 spare points. However, I would suggest a Lvl2 Sorc with Fire to be a pretty big advantage at this level. The default fireball spell can be upgraded to do 4d6 wounds, and don't discount the lore ability to cast fire on the same unit twice adds D3 to your casting roll the second time. Can devastate the smaller armies at 1000 points or less.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

Lolthien makes a great point about fire and lower levels. You're going to be greatly outnumbered I would imagine and it's possible that we just get over whelmed by numbers ... I was totally ripped to pieces last night in two games against Beastmen at only 1500k. A unit of Bestigors ripped my generals unit to pieces on turn one, they fled and were over run. Sure it didn't help that my general was rolling one's on to wound and was himself dropped by the wargor who was rolling six's. Still ... gotta drop the enemies numbers down a bit before we engage them.
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

+ Reply to Thread