Advice needed gentlemen. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Advice needed gentlemen.

Hey guys. I'm working on/converting a Chaos Sky Titan/Kholek stand in which is a secret wedding present for a mate of mine. However I'm having a "converters block" and I'm running out of ideas. While I hate to be making a whole new thread just to get attention I could really do with some advice and ideas from fellow Chaos Warrior chaps.

Could you take the time to look and maybe comment?

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/projects/196696-boraks-marauders-pic-heavy-30.html

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Lord Borak; July 12th, 2011 at 07:01.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

Hm... I'm assuming you're talking about the big fellow at the end of post #298? I'm pretty much a novice converter, but I feel like that helm is begging for some horns (maybe something like a Minotaur's would be the proper scale?).

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

D'oh. Would have helped if I'd told you who I was talking about. Yeah that's the chap (the big green fella).

The guy I'm converting it for isn't a fan of 'horned' helmets but I was thinking about doing some daemon snarling face on the helmet? Thoughts? I also need ideas for the shoulder guards. Shall I do them plain with spikes like the Chaos Knight ones or something a bit more elaborate? Maybe a stretched demon skin with lots of eyes? (also like a shield in the chaos knight box)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x5)

I like the Shield in the Chaos Knight box very much for those shoulder pads. You could also go for the shield in Valkia the Bloody's illustration, looks quite cool.

If you're not doing horns on the helm at all (the Chaos Gods weep at the missed opportunity), yeah, a demon face would rock. I'd be tempted to put some Darth Maul-style horn stubs on it to complete the image, though.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x5)

Another double-post? Argh.
    Last edited by rothgar13; July 12th, 2011 at 08:19.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, Horns or tusks would look great I think (tho tusks might be a bit Orcy) There was a conversion I saw SOMEWHERE that had LED lights in the model to light up a flame sorc... I would think some colored light coming out of his helmet might be pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    D'oh. Would have helped if I'd told you who I was talking about. Yeah that's the chap (the big green fella).
    Well, that guy looks pretty darn good to start with. He's too rounded tho, he needs more spikes and edges to him somehow. I'd start maybe with a border on his plates, something either large and sharp or flowing and runic. I myself would stay away from torn flesh/demonized stuff as it leads itself towards horns. I'd like to see more of a metalic/robotic look.

I dunno this one is way out of my leuge as a converter, still re-learning the basics of greenstuffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... Really cool model. Quite a great green stuff project. Im feeling like it needs some larger spikier and more intimidating shoulder guards (like the chaos knights set). To me the arms are just too plain compared to the elaborate body, helm, and legs, and i feel that some large shoulder guards would even the coolness distribution. I also feel that, compaired to the torso, the rest of the armor is very plain. I noticed that you were going to be adding rivits, but i also think that either a swirling pattern magicish, or a flame pattern would look really good with this model.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Aye I'm only half way through the details so there will be a lot more spikes, banding and what not. Still undivided (hehe) about what to do with the top half of the helmet, shoulder pads, groin plate and hip guards. Any ideas??

I was thinking of giving him horns but making them subtle ones. Like this guy

There's some more updates in the blog

+ Reply to Thread