About: "look out sir" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About: "look out sir"

I just have a quick question whether or not a sorceror lord mounted on a disc of tzeentch, can claim a look out sir role from a unit of trolls if it is within 3"?

From what I understand they need to be of the same base size to claim this role? Hence a lord on a disc can't make a "look out sir" roll from nearby infantry. But what about trolls, ogres or dragon ogres?

- Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

No, it all depends on the unit type of the character. A character on a disc counts as cavalry, so you can do it with Knights or Marauder Horsemen.
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh alright. thanks for the answer!

So would your opinion be that it's a bad idea to take a sorcerer lord on a disc without some kind of cavalry he can lean up against? Or is it viable to let him go solo with a charmed shield to ignore the first cannon hit?

My main issue is that if my 350 point sorcerer lord is in a unit of warriors, he's practically useless in combat since a single warrior does just as well as he does. If the warrior unit is lost I look at 700 points lost. If I beef up the lord with a 3+ ward save, then my opponent is most likely going to kill the warriors and win through combat res.

- So how do you guys field a sorcerer lord in say 2000 pts?

Thank you

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

He has a 3+ Ward save if you give him a Talisman of Preservation and Mark of Tzeentch - that's enough survivability to field him on the Disc, provided you don't leave him open to get charged very often (and being a Flier, that's not exactly hard to do).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

I would think using terrain to the best of your ability could help avoid those cannon shots as well. If they can't see you then they can't shoot you. Buildings and forests are pretty useful in this way. The disc lords greatest ability is that he flies, no sense in bringing him if you're going to stick him regular cav. Might as well just give him a chaos steed than.
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

+ Reply to Thread