Moments of Grief & Glory - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Moments of Grief & Glory

Very dramatic 4K game yesterday, thought I'd share some highlights that made the whole store go crazy.

Moments of Grief
    • Losing 18 warriors with MoN/Rage/FC/halberds/shields to The Dreaded 13th Spell, turn 1. He rolled 18 - so only Festus survived.

Moments of Glory
    • 10 knights of Khorne with a Chaos Lord taking on a Screaming Bell, and getting flank charged from an Abomination, flank charged from Storm Vermin - and winning with just one knight left standing at the end of the game.
    • Warshine of Tzeentch with +1 toughness [yes, toughness 7] winning CC against a 500-point Vermin Lord, and running him down.
    The game was packed with observers cheering us on had some amazing terrain layouts [a very cool fortress perched over a scree slope, a 3-story high tower on a knoll with regenerate, several deadly forests, and multiple choke points. The whole thing took 5 hours to play, but it was brilliant.

Last edited by Antithesis; September 4th, 2011 at 13:12.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

I wish you had;

1 - Pics.

2 - Posted a battle report in the respective forum.

Pretty awesome stuff though, well expect the whole dread 13th bit - ouch.
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Will do next game, I was just excited and wanted to share the moment.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my fav moments in a game ever was when my Chaos lord with Axe of Khrone was charged by three vampires on the edge of a knight unit which was already engaged with some black guard(VC skelton calvary The vampires didnt hurt the lord who then proceeded to killing blow each of the three vampires in turn laughing manicly as the VC army began to crumble next turn.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    421 (x8)

Moment of Glory-Beating a High Elf player on the first turn by shooting a hellcannon into a bunker of Phoenix Guard with Teclis, Caradryan and a BSB inside and watching 1000ish points run off the board.

Moment of Grief- Seeing Archaon get beaten up by a troll as his daemon weapon decided it wanted to hit archaon more than the troll.
    One shall stand, and one shall fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moment of Glory: Playing against High Elves, having my Giant strike fear into some Swordmasters, roll Jump up and Down, make em' flee, next turn, same thing on a group of White Lions!

Moments of Grief: Having my Deathstar of 25 Chosen hit by The Dreaded 13th spell . I won the game anyway, somehow.
    Khorne approves this message.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moment of Glory:First turn of the game, dropped a Hellcannon shot onto the bunker of orcs with their bsb and general, and they promptly fled off the table, rolling something like 11 on their flee distance to just make it, and panicking through another unit and making them run too

Moments of Grief: 4 white lions with the mask of EEE chasing down not one, but two units with failed terror tests and them catching them off the charge. the charge both needing sevens to even get to the unit. two units of 12 and 14 warriors gone, in two turns, along with my sorcerer. I got them, but it cost me the game and then some :/. icing on the cake? last round playing for podium finishes.
    I assume Morgan Freeman is the voice of the Emperor.
    My Painting Log! http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...nes-horde.html

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Moment of Glory:
    Against Dark Elves, having my Sorcerer Lord reduced to WS1 by word of pain and then challenged by an Assassin with 8 Ws9 ASF killing blow attacks. Then proceeding to dodge said very angry elf and killing him off in one round of combat. Eye of the gods roll? Well, it had to be 12 didn't it?

Having my army shot to bits by a Wood elf army and ending turn 4 with my BSB in combat with a Lord and two Heroes (that was all I had). BSB challenged a hero with nettings and killed him winning the combat, chased down his lord and other hero and over ran into a unit of War dancers. Was then counter charged by a branchwraith and a treeman. Issued a challenge on the war dancer champion, killed him and won combat and broke all three units in combat with him. He then went on to run down the treeman and kill a unit of glade guard in the final turn. Turning a complete massacre into a draw......... in a tournament no less.

Moment of Shame:
    Having my Exalted BSB challenged by a gobbo BSB and promptly get his armoured but handed to him by said gobbo.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

MOMENTS OF GLORY: a block of 50 great weapon marauders with mark of khorne (nothign else left on the table) killing a hellpit abomination after it was too horrible to die and killed off the warriors that originally defeated it then over running into a few weapon teams and killing them then over running a unit of 100 clan rats into a unit of (not sure the name)
    armored up rats with the skaven lord killing off everything but the lord before finally being kncked down to just the marauder chieftain and banner bearer the chieftain then managed to finish him off making the other skaven all flee off the board

another good story is vs tomb kings my giant charged into a necrosphinx and thumped with club for 10 wounds then moved on to thump a war sphinx for 12 wounds

moment of grief: archaon charging across a table nearly 6 feet to reach a giant monster and slay it in true epic fashion and rather than accept the fight my opponent ran his creature away (i think an exalted bloodthirster) and just nuked archaon with his entire magic phase... what a poor sport
    Kill them all and let the emperor sort them out.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Glory?
    I'm not sure, WoC is a pretty glorious army IMO, considering just how elite we are. I've had Festus and 30 Marauders score enough wounds on a Temple Guard unit to kill each lizard thrice over, I've had Khorne Warriors flank charged by a Treeman Ancient and kill him with just 3 men in contact (festus poison, flaming banner), Right now they're rocking face in a campaign that I'm playing, so I'd have to say that getting to become an actual warmaster is pretty glorious. Otherwise, seeing Kholek kneecap a Bonegrinder Giant in a single round during a SoM game was pretty priceless.

Grief?
    Tournament game, turn 1 my Hellcannon misfires. I have in my army: L4 Sorc Lord, BSB with the Book of Secrets, Festus... Misfire causes every wizard to miscast. So I roll 'em out. I roll the BSB first because I want to Puppet his result away from the imminent Catastrophe. So he rolls it, I hit the Puppet and roll a 1... he's going Cat. No big deal, he's on the corner of my Halberd anvil unit, Festus is on the other corner. He takes out just about everything under the 1/4th of the template, and wounds himself but doesn't get sucked out. Then I roll up Festus. Catastrophic... again. Now he takes out even more of my regiment, and gets himself yanked off the table. My general rolls his result... Catastrophe. Boom, takes out a good chunk of his own regiment of Warriors and wounds himself.
    So on turn 1, my Hellcannon is leading the game in kills and victory points, but it's all from my own army. Grief? Oh yeah.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast