Chances of WoC being re-released soon? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chances of WoC being re-released soon?

Hi All,
    I'm considering starting a WoC army but dont want to if new models and a new army book will be released soon. What are the chances of that happening?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I think we are all getting a new army book at some point, but I doubt WoC will be one of the next to get one. When we DO get a new army book, chances are the majority of our troops will still be used in the new book, they will most likely just change stats/points/abilities etc but I doubt they will remove alot of our troops, so I think you can safely start collecting
    Quote Lord Borak
    Now now lads. This is a forum about grown men playing with toy soldiers. Lets be adults please.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

And they will probably cost more later on too, so now is cheaper ^^.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

It won't be around in a long while, the current models and book are still relatively new and above all still friggin' awesome (both the models and the rules, except Dragon Ogres perhaps).
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

Very small chances of a new book soon. The book is from 7th edition, which ended not that long ago, it's a very good army right now, and there are bunch of armies in much more dire need of updates (*cough* Wood Elves *hack* Bretonnia *cough*).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

(*cough* Wood Elves *hack* Bretonnia *cough*).
    You OK? You're coughing so much I almost think you're trying to tell us something.

As for the OP - just check the GW website, the core of Chaos are pretty darn good looking - though the Marauder heads are ... meh. I don't see how or why GW would ever change the actual Warriors models, they're down right awesome. Actually the only models I think that could use re-working would be the chariot, Dragon Ogres and Chaos Trolls. Oh and I'm not all that fond of the HC either.
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

I'd say somewhere between none and none-er. The only possible reason would be to nerf them, but GW has its hands full trying to make other armies competitive via new books, so short-leashing the WFB equivalent of C:UM (in terms of power/"ease of play for newbies", not fluff) has got to be way down their list of priorities.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Yeah, we aren't going anywhere any time soon. We're nowhere near "Poster Boy" status for GW, so they tend to sit us off in a corner and let us brood and have mean thoughts, like Chaos Warriors are supposed to. Our book will stay competitive for a long time too, because we're the best kind of fluke - you know, the one where GW writes a very balanced, flexible armybook that is capable of dealing with changes to the core rules or metagame.

There are only two ways that I imagine us getting a new book at all during 8th edition: all the WoC players start whining about wanted new toys to play with and don't realize that a new book would actually hurt us right now (remember, our "good book" is a fluke), or all the other non-WoC players start piling on the accusations of Cheese and what have you.
    The latter would really annoy me, because we can't write cheesy armies with our book, just very good ones. And while other armies are capable of meeting us head on and winning, a lot of the new books with the shiny new models and the people flocking to drop their hard-won cash and play them, aren't going to hold up well against our book. Ogres might, they get enough Impact and have enough cheap monsters, but Tomb Kings and Orcs are a joke, and Wood Elves aren't going to be equipped to take us on properly (S3, T3, I5) unless those walking trees they have get really mean.

The same goes for our models. Our range is relatively new, but also very small. If they do any kind of rereleasing for us, they'll be putting out more of the models that we need but don't have (Warshrine, Forsaken), changing our metal Ogres and D.Ogres over to Resin, and hopefully fixing the ****ing Hellcannon so that we can afford one and assemble it without wanting to staple our Slaaneshi-bits to a table.

If you want to get into Warriors, now is definitely the time. We've never been a better army than we are right now, we've never been this solid, and things are really looking up for us as a book and model range.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I think I'm going to start copy-pasting the Captains posts because they sound so much more intelligent than what I was going to say *sigh*

miskeliborski
    Chances of WoC being re-released soon?
    First off welcome to the forum. Chaos is awesome, you choose well sir!!

There's more chances that you'll be killed by a Chaos Warrior walking to school. If you don't go to school then just consider the chances even less. Our models are awesome, the warrior models are fantastic as they are (while they're a bit static at least the rank up!) and so is a lot of our range. We are still waiting for a few new models like the Shrine, Chariots, Dragon Ogres and Forsaken but we probably won't have them until our new book. I can't see that happening 'til 9th edition so you have 3 or 4 years before that happens.

+ Reply to Thread