Monthly Painting Challenge - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Monthly Painting Challenge

Welcome to the Monthly WoC Painting Challange!

Every month, the winner of the previous challenge get to pick the topic for the next months challenge!
    There are a few rules however:

Must be a WoC model.
    The chosen models, must be fully painted, and must contain the minimum amount of models to form a unit!
    ( 3+ trolls, 5+ knights etc )
    Characters can be chosen as a single model choice.

This month's painting challenge was picked by Lord Borak who won the previous one.

The Current challenge are: Batlle Standard! Show us your BSB
    Last chance to Submit your BSB will be: DEADLINE REACHED
    Vote for your Favourite BSB in Clicky Clicky (Monthly Painting Challenge Poll 3.0)

once the deadline is over, a new thread with a poll will be made (and linked to from this post) The Poll will run for 5 days, and the winner picks the topic for the next month.
    I reserve the right to cut the amount of days the poll run short if it's one sided, in order to start the next challenge faster.
    all submissions will be added to the painted models thread.

Last edited by Vanish; November 20th, 2011 at 13:08.
    Quote Lord Borak
    Now now lads. This is a forum about grown men playing with toy soldiers. Lets be adults please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Hey dude, sorry to clog up this thread with one of my ramblings but it does kinda have a point. Delete it if you must.

When you say "Must be a WoC model", Does this limit us to GW models? Or are we allowed to use suitable models from other companies and/or converted models?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

converted models and alternatives models are fine
    Lets not limit ourself to GW models if you've found something that looks great, as long as we can see what the model represent.
    (so no proxy skaven slaves and calling them chaos warriors! )
    Quote Lord Borak
    Now now lads. This is a forum about grown men playing with toy soldiers. Lets be adults please.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Updated first post with pics of our contestants
    Last edited by Vanish; October 10th, 2011 at 07:54.
    Quote Lord Borak

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Update

Borak won the last month's challenge and have picked a new model.

Show us your BSB. First post updated with new deadline. *wonders when the slacker captain makes the thread sticky*
    Quote Lord Borak

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
    Update

Borak won the last month's challenge and have picked a new model.

Show us your BSB. First post updated with new deadline. *wonders when the slacker captain makes the thread sticky*
    OOOHH OOOH OOHHH I have a Khorne BSB on a Juggernaut I am starting soon for Golden Demon next year (so i aint going to rush it. 20th Nov might be a push on time

<<<<is having party in ma pants
    If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

DSC_2431.jpgDSC_2436.jpgDSC_2437.jpg

This bad-boy here was a centerpiece for my very first Warmasters Challenge doubles list. It was a team of WoC/WoC and had a Tzeench/nurgal theme to it. The model itself is built in a more of a nurgal look/scheme whereas the banner is more tzeench themed, with the colors of both gods getting put on the flag.

For the conversion i used a few different parts. I believe the banner was from one of the basic plastic kits (marauder horsemen?). The shaft is the cross-beam from an old orc-boar chariot and the chains are from some marauder models. The beam was pinned into the hand of the Knight. The wings themselves are from some old ral-panthra Pegasus model i had picked up when i first got into this hobby 15ish years ago and had been floating around my bit-box for near a decade. these were glued together using superglue and then got the GS treatment to cover the seams.

It's a very nice addition to my army as it draws alot of attention while on the table and also gets good points for appearances/conversions for the army. It's been banged around some from being so top-heavy (lead/pewter wings on a mostly plastic model) and from the akward shape it did not transport well in my carry case. Now I have used some rare-earth magnets to magnetize the bases of my army and the power of the ones I got (from LeeVally) mean i can flip him+movement tray 360 degree's in the air and not have him flying off and exploding all over my floor. I have to say, of all the work I put into this guy the best part is the magnet :p
    Last edited by talismanictattoo; November 18th, 2011 at 02:05. Reason: Backstory of model

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by talismanictattoo View Post
    Nice conversion!
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

cleaned up the thread, and removed the previous month's pictures and added them to the painted model thread (I hope. bloody post been loading for 10mins since my last edit, so I hope they will be added)
    Quote Lord Borak

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Here we have my unmarked BSB. His armor is steel in color, and his shield (as well as the outside of his cloak) is green, to match my unmarked marauders, because black is just sooooo cliche for undivided/unmarked units. The banner is words of power in seven languages on human hide, with a minor enchantment to veil the words from mortal eyes...unfortunately, the enchantment is...wearing thin, and bits of what lies underneath have begun to show through...so it's like a magic standard whose power is spent. The red/white skull on his knee is his personal icon.
    Last edited by Marnepup; November 9th, 2011 at 06:01.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast