Dragon sorcerer Lord setup? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Dragon sorcerer Lord setup?

So, did anyone try out a dragon sorcerer lord in 8th? Got a 3k tourney coming up with a whole bunch of restrictions making cannons a rare treat, so would love to dust off my dragon!

My initial thought was:

Sorcerer lord, level 4
    MoS
    Talisman of preservation
    Charmed shield
    Spell familiar
    Sword of swift slaying (could be anything really, just want to be able to tackle ethereals)
    Third eye of Tzeentch
    Chaos Dragon

Hits 750pts on the nose I think

The only things I'm really set on here is the spell familiar and the 3rd eye (get the spells I want, can use opponents spells if my own don't work due to him being immune to psy.). I'll have to playtest lore of slaneesh but it actually seems pretty good to me. Using a more fighty setup for him might also be viable, but not sure what to bring for that. Any ideas/thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

This is what I would build:

Sorcerer Lord, level III
    MoT
    Talisman of Preservation
    Charmed Shield
    Chaos Runesword
    Third Eye

He is a bit cheaper, a bit harder to kill, and a bit more effective in combat.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Blimmey! What are the restrictions??

Rune Sword, Endurance, Spell Familiar, Charmed Shield, MoT.

Considering only a 3rd of all hits he takes will hit him you can probably do without the 3+ Ward. A 4+ and the charmed shield should be enough. this way you still know 5 Spells, You'll have a 2+/4++ which isn't bad. 4 Attacks at WS6 str5 isn't bad either.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

~shrug~

Why does it have to be a sorceror lord? I wouldn't be surprised if other people take advantage of the cannonry restriction...you're thinking in terms of making a sorceror lord fighty enough to obliterate what you'd face in a normal game. That is a mistake. Consider what OTHER armies can field when they know they won't be eating cannonballs...and make sure you have a plan to beat those. Karl Franz on dragonback also costs 750 points...and I'd back him against a sorceror lord on chaos dragon any day of the week...and twice on Sunday. A Chaos Lord, on the other hand, is a different story...
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

because I want some decent magic defense. I did play around with the idea though. And only hero-level special characters are allowed

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

If it were me, I would take it to the extrem with a chaos lord myself and 2 lvl 2's, but that's just me! There are tons of builds you can do with both a lord and a wizard, but the restrictions are awesome for your tournament!

+ Reply to Thread