1000 points competitive warriors of chaos list, needs a little tweaking. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 points competitive warriors of chaos list, needs a little tweaking.

Im a long time Dark Elf player in fantasy so im used to smaller elite forces, however im having a little trouble setting up a chaos list, I played the last ed. of chaos warriors and thought I would give it a try once more, tell me what you think, this list still has 110 points freed up and I have no idea where to put them. That being said I love the Knights and intend on keeping them and warriors in if possible, and close combat is more my forte than magic.

Heroes:
    Exalted: MoT, Sword of Might, Shield - 145pts (in warriors)

Core:
    14 warriors of Chaos: MoT, Shields,Musc,SB -272 points

5 warhounds - 30 pts

30 Marauders: MoK, Great Weapons, musc, sb - 192 pts

5 Chaos Knights: MoT, musc, sb - 250 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Hey dude. Welcome to the Forum!!! Just so you know, we have a seperate 'mini' board for army lists, the link is at the top of the WoC board so don't be surprised if a Moderator moves it.

Exalted:
    I'm not sure if you have the new Rule book or not but there are a lot of new items in there. If you don't then, seriously, get it and have a look! Ditch the Sword of Might and the shield for a Halberd and the Dragon Helm. It will give you exactly the same bonus except you get the +1 save in combat and you get a 2+ Ward Vs fire. To be honest though I would grab the Talisman of Preservation, the Mark of Tzeentch and a Halberd.

How do you feel about Magic? A Sorcerer might be more handy and give you a threat out side of Combat. A Level 2 Sorcerer with the Spell Familiar, Charmed shield and Collar of Khorne is agood buy. Just grab the Mark of your choice.

Warriors:
    They look good to me. If you have chance, check out some of the cheap Magic banners in the Rule Book. The Banner of Flame is always handy but given you have no BSB I might give the Radiant Standard a go.

Knights:
    I'd probably ditch the the MoT for MoK. Seeing as you have nothing to combine the MoT with (like the blasted Std or a Magic resistance item) it's a little wasted. Khorne gives you 6 additional str5 attacks and that may be the edge against monsters and help blend your way through infantry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not really a fan of magic in general, i've always liked close up choppy cutty armies anyway I redid the list a bit, tell me what you think:

Heroes:
    Exalted: MoT, Halberd, dragon helm - 130 pts (in warriors)

Core:
    14 warriors of Chaos: MoT, Shields,Musc,SB w/ rapturous standard -292 pts

5 warhounds - 30 pts

5 Chaos Knights: Banner of rage, musc, sb - 265 pts

that should fix some things but I still have 116 unused points and need to fill them, thats not enough for a sorc and im not sure what to do with them :/

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x3)

grab a lvl 1 sorcerer, MoT, and spell familiar for 120 pts, drop a marauder and you are good to go. If you drop the hounds you can make him a level 2.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

No worries, you can get away without Magic a lot more in this edition than you could in the last. It will still cause you pain but that's your choice to make.

With your left over points you can almost grab a Chariot (I love chariots), Scylla (awesome spawn), a Cheap sorcerer with a Spell Familiar or get a Ward save for your General and use the leftover points for more Marauders or Horsemen.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

No ward save? Toss on Tal of Endurance to what you already have and it gives you a 3+ armor save with a 4+ Ward save - thanks to the MoT of course. You're WoC, challenges will be all over the place and since you're looking to get up close and chop chop I just think having a ward save is a good idea.
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I agree, I think a war save would be a good idea however im hesitant to drop the hounds and add in a sorc, I see the benefits of having a magic user but im worried about having too small of a force and sacrificing some versatility, that being said I plan on adding in a war, from there would it be better to grab a chariot or toss some more points into adding a few more Knights, maybe making the unit have a large front or grabbing some Mara horsies, like I said before I enjoy combat armies more and think a bit more versatility would be good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heroes:

Core:
    14 warriors of Chaos: MoT, Shields,Musc,SB w/ rapturous standard -292 pts

5 warhounds - 30 pts

5 Chaos Knights: Banner of rage, musc, sb - 265 pts
    your lack of magic i think will hinder you. magic may not be your preferance but taking a knife to a gun fight is rarely a good idea.

your core looks good, the knights are pretty costly for the points level but should work out if you can keep them hiding or blocked early on.

chaos sorc, disp scroll, charmed shield is only 115 points, plus id drop the hounds for 31 points to spend on gear for both characters or an extra warrior.

but as said id definitly look into some magic, its just not worth risking it if its competative.

versatility is taking answers to all threats, magic gives you shooting (of a kind) and some semi reliable means of getting rid of hard to reach enemies.

WoC tend to get out numbered, although marauder hordes are different, i wouldnt worry about it, but your lack of cannon fodder means you need an answer to the fireballs.
    Last edited by randomspecific; October 3rd, 2011 at 02:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i'll drop a sorc in, think I should run them with the warriors or just keep them running about in the back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heroes:
    Exalted: MoT, Halberd, talisman of preservation - 165 pts (in warriors)

Chaos Sorcerer: Level 2, mark of slannesh, enchanted shield, spell familar: 145 points (in warriors)

Core:
    13 warriors of Chaos: MoT, Shields,Musc,SB -256 pts

5 Chaos Knights: MoK, musc, sb - 260 pts

998pts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast