Why Tzeentch? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Tzeentch?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why Tzeentch?

I see a lot of people taking MoT on Warrior Units and sometimes Lords (depending on which one it is). It seems more common than the other Marks of the Gods and I was wondering what's so good with having it? I noted it gived the bearer a +1 to ward save and, depending on the sorcerer, a +1 to casting. Is that really the big benefit to MoT on core units though, just to have a 6+ ward save?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Mark of Tzeentch is effective on a unit of 18 or 24 warriors, because it effectively turns them into an anvil unit capable of holding an enemies big unit or elite unit in place while taking as few casualties as possible. This allows your hard hitting hammer unit to come in from a flank charge, such as knights, or chosen, or other warriors and negate your opponents steadfast(if they are a large horde unit) or wipe them out completely(if they are an elite unit with fewer numbers).

Mark of tzeentch not only gives them a 6+ ward save, but allows other items that give ward saves to stack. This means warriors with hand weapons, shields(hand weapons and shields give the 6+ parry which is technically a ward save meaning it stacks with mark of tzeentch) and mark of tzeentch have a 5+ parry/ward save in close combat, which combined with there armor save of 3+ due to chaos armor and shields makes them a very survivable unit.

The same benefit is applied to a sorcerer lord or exalted hero carrying a magic item that would give a ward save(for example a sorcerer lord with mark of tzeentch, and a magic item giving a 4+ ward save, would now have a 3+ ward save instead because of the stacking benefit of mark of tzeentch)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah. See I completely overlooked the 6+ Parry save for 1H+Shield combo on the warriors. A 5+ ward makes more sense to me than losing the extra attack (Khorne) for a 6+ ward. Looks like I will be re-visiting my army lists (Yep, I'm a noob at Warhammer still...sadly...)

Thanks Noma

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

No problem! I love me some tzeentch warriors

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

the only problem with that build is that although it doesnt take much damage it also doesnt kill much and so can loose to static combat res quite easily
    if u ran a unit like this either horde them or put in a chaos lord to do some real damage

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

I'm with jgascoine on that one - you have to bear in mind that fights in Warhammer are won on offense, and that HW+S Chaos Warriors won't have much of it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget khorne is Frenzy, and Frenzy does not get to use a Parry ward save.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x5)

Yeah, but if you put Shields on Khorne Warriors as anything other than shooting protection, you're doing it wrong (emphasizing offense, remember?). Halberd vs. Great Weapon should be the only debate there, and the Halberd has the edge in most cases.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what about using a MoT warrior group using HW+S being supported by (in my case) A Chaos Lord on Juggernaut with this unit of warriors being the "second shield" for the Khorne warrior groups? In other words.. let the Marauders (with Khorne and GW) lead the way with Warhounds, have the MoT warrior group as a flank cover, and have a group or two of Khorne warriors w/ Halberds (or GWs if that's your preferance) follow up next to the marauders with enough clearance to make an un-hindered charge?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x5)

A Chaos Lord with a Juggernaut costs a TON of points, and he doesn't get Look Out Sir! rolls in that unit. Every Dwarf and Empire player out there will be licking their chops and pointing their cannons at the guy - you're gonna fail a Ward save sometime, and when you do, that guy will SPLAT. If you want offense on your Tzeentch Warriors, consider Halberds and the Banner of Rage, or the Razor Banner for Armor Piercing attacks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast