Tamurkhan Great Chaos Host - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tamurkhan Great Chaos Host

So, what are peoples thoughts on this, I have to say I am very surprised this hasn't been talked about much, it gives you a new chaos units, the nurgle hero on the plague thing is very interesting, he actually allows you to upgrade a unit of knights so they ride nurgle daemonic mounts, what do people thing about being able to combine the chaos books again?

2. LikeMarnepup liked this post.
  3. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I haven't actually seen or read anything about this yet, I'm actually not even sure where a bouts I can find this stuff, a link or search would be appreciated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJim View Post
    , what do people thing about being able to combine the chaos books again?
    is why its in the mail. thank god, and may he forgive the person who trys to deny me using a combined host.....for i shall not.

iv not been able to get much detail from it online and im suprised it hasnt been talked about more also. some of the lists people are throwing up look awsome and i cant wiat to get my hands on it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noma View Post
    I haven't actually seen or read anything about this yet, I'm actually not even sure where a bouts I can find this stuff, a link or search would be appreciated
    Tamurkhan: The Throne of Chaos | Games Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by randomspecific View Post
    is why its in the mail. thank god, and may he forgive the person who trys to deny me using a combined host.....for i shall not.

iv not been able to get much detail from it online and im suprised it hasnt been talked about more also. some of the lists people are throwing up look awsome and i cant wiat to get my hands on it.
    lol, same here, its actually really nice, the basic for the host is:

Pick your paragon, he has to be a lord choice from one of the chaos (can't be a DoC named lord but still a greater daemon), you lord then either gains a 5+ wardsave or +1 to his wardsave to a max of 3+, he can also ignore spells that kill a model outright (like dwellers) on a 6+, if he dies all kinda crap happens. You lord choice defines the min core your army has to take as well as your BSB, these have to be from your lords armybook, the min core must also bear the same mark as your general, So a chaos lord of Khorne has to take khorne warriors and maraders, Archoans would have to take warriors with no mark. After that you can mix as you like. Their are rules for using models with a rival mark (like slaanesh in a khorne army), they cannot use the generals leadership, BSB reroll and gain no benefit from the army being in ascendency.

Ascendency is worked out at the start of every chaos players turn after the first, you keep track of how many units you and your opponenent have broken/destroyed in the turn, if you chaos player has more then the units get a bonus based on the Paragon, with Khorne every unit in the army gains +1CR, models with MoK gain +1MR (it says the this stacks with anything they may already have, MR2 bloodletter anyone). If the opponenet has more then you roll on a table and see how angry the chaos gods are, they might kill some troops, kill the paragon, some of your units may turn traitor.

Now the death of the Paragon, its pretty bad, if he dies every unit takes a leadership test, any unit that fails is destroyed, basically would could happen is you roll on the scorn of chaos table because the opponent has broken/destroyed more units than you, you paragon dies and half your army crumbles.

So because of the book I treated myself to a daemon prince and herald from forgeworld, think I will be getting a lot of use out of it, the book has a lot more than that, I really love the nurgle guy on the rot beast, for 15pts per model he makes a unit of nurgle knights into MC with two wounds and regen 5+, you have the giant, the mammoth which can have a warshrine on, chaos invasion campaign rules, chaos dwarf armylist, rules for using some of the chaos dwarfs in the WoC list.
    Last edited by HappyJim; November 2nd, 2011 at 05:03.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

I'm getting the book for the chaos dwarf list, I might have a go at the chaos section one time.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Warmammoths with warshrines on top ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by furrie View Post
    I'm getting the book for the chaos dwarf list, I might have a go at the chaos section one time.
    The chaos dwarf list does look very nice if not slightly limited, I get the feeling this is just a particular chaos dwarf list that will be expanded on in the future, only lord choice is either a special character or a sorcerer lord, the models do look very nice so I would be tempted myself, the chaos list just looks so much fun, for me it gives me something I wanted since the WoC book came out, access to a proper khorne daemon prince!

Quote Originally Posted by MightisRight View Post
    Warmammoths with warshrines on top ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They are very nice A slaanesh one is very nice, stubborn! khorne can reroll it attack dice! I think its something thats very tempting to go out and buy
    Last edited by HappyJim; November 2nd, 2011 at 13:39.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the changes in this book considered 'fair game' in Warhammer games? Specifically would it be fair to use this book against some other army's basic armybook?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH I was a bit disappointed with the book, I picked it up at Gamesday in September. It looks and feels excellent (and for the price it should do) but it's riddled with errors, omissions and things that need clarifying. For example, is the rot beast upgrade on the knights only available if you take Kayzk the Befouled, or did they just put the rule with his entry because he happens to ride a rot beast? Some of it It looks pretty rushed in places, and even one of the writers was amazed when I showed him that the plague ogres hadn't made it in! There are references to rules in our army book which have long been errataed, which should definitely have been better researched. There are troops only available to Daemons armies lumped in with the WoC stuff. It's all a bit jumbled.

Having said that though there is some nice stuff in it. Will people let you play it? Friendly games, why not but obviously not in tournaments. It's a shame actually, a lot of the chaos dwarf stuff looks over costed, and I hope that isn't just a ploy so that GW looks favourably on it and rules it's legal.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Too bad the book isn't legal... I'd use it to field Elspeth in a heartbeat! Elspeth and nothing but state troops led by warrior priests (of Morr, naturally!) as far as the eye can see!

Another option would be a mono-tzeentch fatecrusher list, substituting offerings from the WoC book for the crusher element...
    Last edited by Marnepup; November 3rd, 2011 at 04:51.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast