Favorite Deathstar unit? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Favorite Deathstar unit?

Okay, so I was wondering what everyone's ULTIMATE UNIT OF DOOOOOOM would be around here?

WoC only, but at any point level (just mention what point level it would be good for).

I'll start:

For a 1500pt army: 1 warriors MoT, add hand weapons, Rage Banner, Champion with Glaive of Putrefication, Festus, and BSB w/ Blasted Standard (or Flaming banner): About 700 pts for one unit. Unit has 4 s4 attacks each (champion has 5 attacks w/ glaive), poison, regen, 6+ ward (4+ vs any attacks in shooting phase) and unlosable frenzy (and thus ItP).

Not a chosen cheese blaster, but not bad. Still room for a high level sorc and some supporting units (Warshrine?)

What are some other ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I have to admit, one of the best deathstar units I have is just 50 Marauders of Khorne with Great Weapons. If I had the models, I would gladly run four or five of them in any given game. And the funny thing is, is you can run four or five even in 2000 games. Have fun trying to chew through 250+ models like that. Aside from that, I meet my buddy's horded block of Maneaters with 40 MoT Sword n' Borders with the Banner of Eternal Flame. They are ridiculously tough to kill and they just keep grinding away. That 700ish point unit ground through over 1000 point block of horded man eaters with poison and XHW. That is pretty good considering that the Full Man Eater horde can throw 69 attacks to the front at St 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    129 (x8)

A boatload of Trolls led by Throgg. Just make sure you have a BSB in the army and a dispel scroll to make that pit of shades go away!
    Warhammer Fantasy: Warriors of Chaos, High Elves
    Warhammer 40k: Eldar, Space Marines, Orks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

10 Knights with a Chaos Lord on stead; a huge investment, but they are the go-to unit whenever the impossible needs to get done.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    A boatload of Trolls led by Throgg. Just make sure you have a BSB in the army and a dispel scroll to make that pit of shades go away!
    I second this,

i run 17 trolls and throgg for a real horde.

It puts out 51 x s5 attacks from the trolls plus 5 st 6 attacks from throgg, and then 5st5+1st6 stomps, with the option of instead of attacks using d6+17 st5 magical puke attacks no armour saves allowed.

it is some serious power, plus with mutant regen rule after a few turns they just get better and better. Fire and Init tests being the glaring weakness.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x5)

Chosen-star for me. Put 20 guys with GW's in there, and just watch it inexorably chew through whatever it sees.

I'm more likely to field the 50-Marauder Horde, though. Those GW Chosen suck up a lot of points.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HellcannonsRcool View Post
    ...and then 5st5+1st6 stomps
    Stomp has been FAQed, any model capable of making supporting attacks can also stomp so that's 17S5 + 1S6 stomp, less any casualties of course!
    Trolls are *awesome*, it has to be said. If the points weren't so prohibitive I'd have tonnes of them and occasionally field a whole trolls army.

EDIT: I don't mean points, I mean monetary cost of models!

In fact, Trolls in units of 6-9 with a cheap character in each unit for the Ld boost would work a treat!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x5)

Wait, what? Since when? That's not in my FAQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLordUK View Post
    Stomp has been FAQed, any model capable of making supporting attacks can also stomp so that's 17S5 + 1S6 stomp, less any casualties of course!
    Trolls are *awesome*, it has to be said. If the points weren't so prohibitive I'd have tonnes of them and occasionally field a whole trolls army.

In fact, Trolls in units of 6-9 with a cheap character in each unit for the Ld boost would work a treat!
    Trolls are awesome, they're even super cheap for what they are.... only problem is stupidity, even with Throgg's 8 LD, they're effectively useless 1 out of 3 turns? They can't even charge if they fail a test anymore, they just move 1" away from an enemy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLordUK View Post

Trolls are awesome, they're even super cheap for what they are.... only problem is stupidity, even with Throgg's 8 LD, they're effectively useless 1 out of 3 turns? They can't even charge if they fail a test anymore, they just move 1" away from an enemy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast