Pimp my Daemon Prince - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pimp my Daemon Prince

K the title is a little cheesey but I managed to get my hands on a Daemon Prince model for a few measely dollars (can't really argue spending less on him than I do on 3 Warriors).

My gameplan is to try him out in a 2k friendly match just for the sake of using him and I was wondering how you would deck out your Prince and what tactics you would use.

For mine I decided not to go with making him a wizard due to the fact that he's one expensive model as it is and making him a wizard @ 40pts a level just isn't worth it to me. Rather I gave him Bloodcurdling Roar and MoT just so he has a better ward save (since he has to run around solo due to his rules) and the opportunity to fly around and harass smaller units with Roar while still being able to maneuver into flanking positions to assist the other units. The BSB of the army would be holding up one end of the group for the Ld bonus while the Prince is keeping in range on the other side (though I rarely have issues with failing leaderships...go Chaos!).

Again, he's not the most point friendly option for a 2k army but I wanna give him a try. Besides, the other guy plays a goblin army and has never seen the model or knows I have it. Surprise!

Ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could make him a mage hunter with something like this:
    Deamon Prince
    MoT
    Fury Of the Blood God
    Bloodcurdling Roar
    360 pts

(For a Deamon Prince) Cheap and cheerful mage nommer.

But IF you go down that path you will have VERY little magic support. If I field a deamon prince I use this:
    Deamon Prince
    4 Wizard Levels
    MoT
    480pts
    This one gives you a good mage support for a +4 dispell and a decent fighter.
    But I have never used him in such a small game so not sure how useful he will be. If you use him tell me how it goes since later this year I might be in a tournament where I will have to use a deamon.
    Last edited by The Odor; December 12th, 2011 at 09:49.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Deamon Prince
    MoT/Wizard lvl.1
    • Third Eye
    • Bloodcurdling Roar
    • Fury of the Blood God

420 points

Bit of everything, protection, casting, harass, and he can always help with a flank attack in CC.

Deamon Prince
    Wizard lvl.4
    • Fury of the Blood God
    • Conjoined Homunculus

500 points

Expensive and risky, but one of the scariest Death Wizards possible; able to nuke enemy Lords out of the game before they even get to move.
    Last edited by Antithesis; December 12th, 2011 at 10:13. Reason: Edited for points cost to 2K

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the list I came up with from memory uses 1,024 points just in lords and heroes.

I do know I kept the Prince non caster and ended up taking 2 sorc at level 2 and an exalted hero for my bsb.

I think one sorc I went with Damnation, MoT, Third Eye and the other one as a scroll caddy with 2 dispels and Lore of Fire.
    That left my Exalted BSB with the Talisman of Preservation so he could safely take a halberd. When I get a chance I will post the actual army list up on the army listings page so it can be viewed, torn apart, and rebuilt anew like most lists are (don't get me wrong, I love any advice cuz I'm still learning as I go).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can only take one scroll per army.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'll save me points to use on something else then. I'll be sure to make that adjustment before the list is posted. Give it about..3 hours and I'll put it up..Stuck at work until then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Well first of all I would take the wings off and replace them with not one but two 15inch monitors then ,we going to get you some nice 22inch rims in chrome. Do you like that baby i'm only getting started. Then I would give him a blue pearlecent paint job with a red lighting bolt down his chest so he look fierce. Then we gonna put 7kw of speakers in your trunk, he gonna look fly. Honeys be dripping all over his clawed fist you feel me!."

You: "Uh huh word on that fruit."

"Then we going to give him bloodcurdling roar and fury of the blood god for that little something, something"

You: "Thank you fruit for Pimping my Prince."
    Last edited by whatfruit; December 12th, 2011 at 10:54.
    "my heart pump gangsta"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loled at that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rofl. I guess I was kind of asking for it when I worded the title as such.
    Warriors of Chaos > 3,000
    Skaven <1,500
    Life - TBA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I couldn't resist
    "my heart pump gangsta"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast