Chaos Dragon Conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Chaos Dragon Conversion

Hey guys I need a little help! I really want to run a Chaos Dragon Mount in some of my lists but GW does not sell the model. What would you guys recommend I use for a good dragon for my Chaos Lord to ride?

I currently have the Manticore with the sorcerer lord and chaos lord magnetized so I can swap them as I choose. It would be really cool if I had a dragon that I could use these same models on, magnetized and everything. Then I could use the same sorcerer lord / chaos lord to swap between the manticore and chaos dragon as I play with different lists.

I was thinking maybe getting the HE dragon on the rock thing and trying to somehow convert a saddle or something but I am not sure the width of the body if it would look silly underneath my manticore riders...

Anyway, what do you guys use for a chaos dragon mount? Know any cool ways to utilize the Riders you get in the manticore set that is sold by GW? The cheaper the better.. of course.

Thanks!

AshBorn

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Hmmm... There's Elspeth... I'm currently working on her, and it wouldn't be hard to file down the portion of her saddle that's molded into the dragon's neck and then greenstuff in your own saddle... Anyway, the high elf one is a bit scrawny for a chaos dragon...

I wouldn't advise fielding a dragon in any case... Since GW went all monster happy, people have gotten geared up to kill monsters... And if it'll kill a sphinx, it'll kill a dragon...
    Last edited by Marnepup; January 25th, 2012 at 08:37.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

You could use this model and create a saddle that can be removed which also gives you a special character.
    Link to model Galrauch, First of the Chaos Dragons | Games Workshop

A

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I've always liked the vampire counts dragon myself, always thought about picking one up to use in place of HE dragon that I have right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest I wonted to use the HE dragon but the dark elf dragon looks loads better and when converted to have the chaos lord off the manticore it in the whole looks mint. But to use a dragon pluss lord with full kit works out around 700 I have used it twice in 10k games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

For my chaos dragon I used the botom half of a shaggoth and the top half of the lizardmen carnosaur. That used to be a real heckle since they were metal models (took me a week to model it) but since they're in fincast it will be some what easier.

+ Reply to Thread