Tamurkhan Abuse - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tamurkhan Abuse

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Tamurkhan Abuse

I was tooling around with a borrowed copy of the Tamurkhan book today, and although I didn't have my armybook on me, I had some pretty devilish ideas.
    For those who don't know, Tamurkhan allows you to mix Daemon and Warrior armies, with a few minor rules. The most important is that your 25% core must come from the same book as your general, and have the same mark. My thoughts - Throgg, and 625pts of Trolls, freeing me up to take the rest of my core from nice options of either book, or no "core" at all.
    The next major thing is that Daemons have access not only to cheap casters, but also Lore Master, and Lore of Life. Thoughts? Two units of Flamers, each sporting a Herald with a 'SpellEater' (dispel scroll, Daemons can have multiples) and Lore Master of Life. IIRC, BSB must be from the same army as the General, so the typical MoT BoS&DD build gives you 3 scrolls, 3 L2 casters, and covers magic defense pretty well.
    Fill out the rest as desired, remembering that WoC have better Core and Knights > Crushers.

Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

I'd go with 2x50 [600pts] marauders backed up by Lore of Life and have a scary knight block in the wings. That combined with the flamers and magic defenses you mentioned, makes a formidable army.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Am I right in my impression that that book also allows you to field Elspeth? Were that the case, I'd be happy to play using it, not because I'd think I had some huge advantage, but for the sheer joy of being allowed to field one of the 2-3 most bodacious models that citadel has ever produced, and with the nickname 'graveyard rose,' to boot!
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marnepup: If you are playing empire you getto feild her. We get Tamurkhan instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    Am I right in my impression that that book also allows you to field Elspeth? Were that the case, I'd be happy to play using it, not because I'd think I had some huge advantage, but for the sheer joy of being allowed to field one of the 2-3 most bodacious models that citadel has ever produced, and with the nickname 'graveyard rose,' to boot!
    Who's Elspeth?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shiphty: An awesome empire wizard riding around on a Dragon of solid Death magic. She is an Empire Lord choice from the Throne of Chaos book. Hereis her Miniature: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhamme...NE-DRAGON.html

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiphty View Post
    Who's Elspeth?
    Elspeth is a forge world character on dragon:
    Forge World - ELSPETH VON DRAKEN ON CARMINE DRAGON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)