Librarium Online Forums banner

Found a use for an old chaos beast master and Chaos Knight question

721 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Lord Borak 
#1 ·
I have an old chaos beast master, from the days where they acted the same as Skaven/Dark Elves ones do

The model is a chaos warrrior with a whip as you would expect

It was a challenge to find a way to use it in an army, but having just got the Warriors of Chaos rule book Ive noticed the Whip of Subversion

I think run him and a smallish unit as monster hunters might be abit of fun

-------

Also Chaos Knights, Im guessing no one runs these with Lances, if thats the case, do people actually model them with lances or hand weapons?

#4 ·
the whip of subversion is kinda crappy IMO. problem is that wounding something with multiple wounds @ str 5 is kind of a long shot. Using it to hunt monsters with is a terrible idea as the monster will not likely be next to anything it can attack.

I like Seth-ra's use, fits and adds flavor, tho such an old and rare model should be showcased on something bigger/more intimidating than dogs.
I honestly see no reason you can't use him like he was inteded; as a handler for monsters. Just take a character on a monsterous mount and pretend that he is on the back of the monster riding it, insted of behind the monster whipping it. Manticore, dragons, deamonic cav, whatever you want. also saves the trouble of doing mounts for each and every one of those options =P

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.