New Book wish list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    292 (x6)

New Book wish list

I thought I'd post this following on from Papa_Wheely's Building a Chaos War Mammoth thread.

What is the wish list from you guys for when the new book comes out?

Obviously it seems that some big beasties would be appreciated - Tomb Kings have got their arks and Necrosphinx, empire have got their tanks, and just about everything has got some sort of long range artillery.

I like the idea of mammoths and the like, I can't see chaos gods going for bows and crossbows, after all it all just delays the hand to hand savagery but big artillery I think might be a goer- I'm sure the chaos dwarves would have loads of great ideas for fooling daemons into being bound into various things- without making them look like they're made of clockwork!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mono-Mark armies getting boosts. A few new special characters (a nurgle lord) and boosting Vilitch so that he is worth it at some point. Return of Mark of the Undivided. Boosting forsaken an ogres. Lore atributes.

The main thing for me would be getting all gods up to speed. Now Nurgle and Slaanesh are just terribad and a real Khornite army is impossible. Maybe make mark of Tzeentch not stack with parrys.
    I pray we get to keep our fantastic diversity within the book.
    Last edited by The Odor; February 23rd, 2012 at 11:18.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    292 (x6)

Oh I totally agree, almost going back to the original Realm of Chaos - Slaves to Darkness book.

It may be heresy, but I feel that the Daemons of chaos, beastmen and WoC should just amalgamate and become 'Chaos Army' again. That would really help in the cause of the mono army fan. What are lore attributes and Mark of the undevided?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we are pretty much garanted lore atributes as the ones in the BrB. The mark of the undivided is a mark that is cheaper than the others and give a minor bonus than the other marks and represent worshipping the chaos pantheon as a whole. Would make a Unmarked army funnier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Some sort of Khornate priest/skald that can help out with dispel attempts making an all khorne viable army gain. The priest can't cast spells but get +2 to dispel or something of that ilk.

2. This will never happen but the abilty to take deamons or beasts as rare choices.

3. We get to keep the stacking of the Tzeetch wardsave.

4. Nurgle to become a useful mark.

5. Forsaken to get chaos armour.

6. A viable deamon prince.

I think out of all the races WOC need the least amount of tweaking under the current rules and i can see more nerfs for us than getting any major buffs.
    "my heart pump gangsta"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Odor View Post
    Well we are pretty much garanted lore atributes as the ones in the BrB. The mark of the undivided is a mark that is cheaper than the others and give a minor bonus than the other marks and represent worshipping the chaos pantheon as a whole. Would make a Unmarked army funnier.
    I have always thought of our ability to re-roll panic tests as the mark of the undivided. It is a pretty nice abilty to have since we get 3 panic Ld rolls with a BSB nearby which makes chaos pretty hard to route through missle fire.
    "my heart pump gangsta"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

I wouldnt surprised if the marks now cost points per model, rather then an arbitary amount which makes it expensive to put on small units but an absolute bargain to put onto big ones.
    Slaanesh would be great if it game always strikes first (maybe just characters) or unbreakable (stubborn at the very least)

Nurgle would be nice if you got some sort of toughness boost (to represent their extra resilliance) or maybe a permanent -1 to hit instead of just to enemy weapon skill.

Khorne will always be frenzy, though it used to come with a bit of magic resistance in the past so that might come, also it might be nice if you got some sort of strength or weapon skill boost for taking this mark to represent them being more ferocious fighters.

The tzeentch one is a bit tricky, it has often provided a ward save in the past (though there was also a time it gave bonus casting dice) but I am not sure whether the designers might consider it to be a bit too strong to be able to have the stacking to get 3+ saves on characters (or chosen). I cant see what else it could be other then some sort of magic or shooting warding and sorcerers having bonus magical powers (possibly a way of rerolling dice would be nice on characters)

I hope warriors dont get touched at all, unless GW feel generous enough to give a points reduction, since they are a very good core troop and the iconic face of chaos.

Marauders will probably lose a point of weapon skill or initiative if they are going to remain as great value as they are, but again it would be nice if they left them alone - or more importantly their weapon choices alone!

Hounds, likely will be unchanged unless they get cheaper still.

Knights are another iconic unit which I doubt will see much change, possibly a slight points tweak but they are very good value for money as they are.

Forsaken might go altogether, but if they do stay I would expect to see some sort of mutation upgrade options and possibly even making them unbreakable

Trolls - depends on what they do with the eye of the gods as to how they change.

Ogres - probably brought into line with the ogre book point cost, and given impact hits on the charge.

Chosen have always lurked around, but in the past it has been as an upgrade option to units of knights or warriors - I doubt the eye of the gods table (if it still exists) will be able to be manipulated as it is now so the 3+ wardsave guys backed by warshrines will be a thing of the past.

Dragon ogres need some nice new models and a big points reduction to bring them back into the game in a big way.

Chaos giant probably will be around somewhere, with more or less the same rules (as well as the rediculous yell and bawl, which can auto win by terrifying even a greater daemon or undead into submission) but it would be quite cool if they brought back his ability to throw himself onto a unit.

Shaggoth likely will get a bit of a points reduction to make him more viable and might even be able to lead an army once again.

Hellcannon hopefully will remain about the same price and rules as before.

Spawn could do with a bit of a points boost so they can be given some upgrade options, especially cool if it were possible to field the great spawn as found in storm of magic.

Warshrine will likely only be around next if they keep the eye of the gods table (which they should really, since it is quite a cool thing)

Then there will be the new 'big thing' kit that they like to bring out - these can be anything really, I guess if I were to try to predict I would say it is some sort of combination warshrine/ throne of chaos that characters can ride around on and wreak havoc.

The chaos dragon needs a serious trim in the points department if we are ever to see one used in regular sized battles again. The manticore also could benefit from a good cut - perhaps if it went down to 150 points and was available to heros then we would see more of them around.

Demonic gifts ought to still be around, and hopefully will be a bit more useful (an always strike first one would be especially nice) but then again they might completely remove the demon prince from the warriors book and take the gifts away. There should be some sort of thing available anyway - would be cool if it was like the early days where the chaos champions could keep getting gift after gift each round and becoming stronger and stronger but having to make a leadership test to resist each turn, with it getting progressively harder to avoid becoming a spawn.

Macig item wise, I would be very surprused if the infernal puppet stays but that is my favourite and the only one I care about - I can get by with core rulebook items otherwise.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fruit: you cant re-roll re-rolls. And that is more of a race-ability (kinda like AsF is for high-elves or Strength in numbers on skaven).
    I would like to see Chaos Dragons in rare. Maybe an option to make it a emperor Dargon.
    Last edited by The Odor; February 23rd, 2012 at 16:47.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Very true, you do not get the BSB benefit and Will of Chaos on panic, only one or the other
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you should check guys since it is not technically a re-roll its an abilty or expolit similar to the chosen EOG roll withering banner exploit. You are reolling failed LD test not rerolling it. This is the rule we have been playing at my club and i have not had one single objection not even from other WOC players.
    "my heart pump gangsta"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast