Chaos Orge Horde - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos Orge Horde

I have recently got the book, and thinking about getting an army on a grand scale, if I ever get the cash together lol,

anyway was eyeing up a horde 6 x 3 formation of Chaos Orges with GW and Chaos Armour and MOS

The main problem is this unit nearly comes in at 1k points

But as far as hitting power it gets 54 Str 6 attacks as well as 18 Stomp attacks, MOS so it doesnt run off

Any ideas on if this might work in say a 4k army as one of the main horde units

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Martial of the Riddermark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x2)

I haven't got my rulebook here and am still pretty new, but I thought that you only got stomps for models in the first rank, although I may be wrong.

I also think it seems an aweful lot of points in a non-core unit, especially as they are slightly overpriced compared to other MI. I personally would run other units like warriors, chosen, knights or trolls.
    adamwelton "Bliss-giver is right as always."
    "Opportunities multiply as they are seized."

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

I'd take a look at Throgg's special rules, you could have a horde in an army under 1500pts.

MoS seems like a bit of a waste as a Mark for Ogres....

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

You could always go another route and grab Throgg with a unit of 17 trolls in a 6x3 formation, would ring in around the same price.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went for MOS because I thought their leadership was lower than it is and didnt want them running off

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    627 (x8)

MoK gives frenzy and as a result ITP if your concern is running away, and then they hit even harder too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldnt be overly keen with MOK, frenzy is fun but with such an expensive unit you would want abit of control

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Agreed. Any unit can lose frenzy and then the ITP goes with it. You have to realize you are only buying frenzy for 18 models too, and that MI support attacks are limited to 3.
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    627 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BrockSamson View Post
    Agreed. Any unit can lose frenzy and then the ITP goes with it. You have to realize you are only buying frenzy for 18 models too, and that MI support attacks are limited to 3.
    I think it's safe to say that many of us buy frenzy for only 18 models (6x3 MoK warriors) but your point about MI support attacks is a good one. I rarely use them so I forgot about that.
    Last edited by Immortal Scrub; February 29th, 2012 at 20:46.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    292 (x6)

I was contemplating much the same, really for no other reason that I really like the ogre figures!

What would the feasibility be for a unit of Ogres with Chaos armour, GW and MOK? I know each model chimes in at 60pts but that would just look so awesome on the field! I figured as their initiative is so low they may as well have GW's!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast