The way of things to come... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

The way of things to come...

I was just browsing the Forgeworld website when I saw the new product they have up: Skin Wolves. They are essentially Werewolves, and are pretty cool, but check out the Experimental rules for there here. Notice that Marks are listed on a per model basis, and not a blank check for however large a unit you want.

I don't think this is any huge revelation for many; to be frank, a lot of us really expect this move when we get our next book, but here is proof. Plus, this calls into question what another thread around here began to ask. When are we getting a new book? These kinds of changes being reflected in Forgeworld maybe implicates that Warriors of Chaos may be in the not so distant future.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumors say we are next after Empire... So my guess is January next year or November October this year if they do a combined release with 40K chaos.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

I like it, Marks per model make a lot of sense I think.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

I can't really see a real change here since this kind of marking already exists for monster like units (aka giants, spawns).

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

It's a big change for units though. They've been a 'blanket' upgrade since, well, forever. It'll make hordes of 60 Marauders pay more for the mark but then, well, so they should. I do like it done this way.

I like those Marks........ Maybe it's a hint to come of what the Marks will do for us?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    292 (x6)

It would be a shame for the Khornates to lose their Frenzy. I quite like the extra attack.. cant we have frenzy and +1 strength!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 str will be alot better for sword and board warriors, having the better save and acting as having halberds.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Yeah, I'd rather have +1S than +1A even if we do lose ItP, and Slaanesh halberds would just be awesome!

Khorne warriors that get +1S could use AHW and Banner of Rage - now that is some serious damage.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Yeah, I think it will be back to warrior heavy armies if marks are per model and marauder hordes become alot more expensive and, lets face it, they are certainly not going to make them any cheaper!!

But, also, forgeworld experimental rules dont always get used in the main game.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    292 (x6)

I know this is going to sound absolutely nuts, but do you have those - I just couldn't - moments?

I really like the potential for Slaanesh, but I've never felt comfortable running anything associated with that god, which is kind of upsetting as its all pointing to ASF! I've always gone for Khorne or Nurgle, - maybe it's because of the style of painting and the way all my stuff seems to come out, I don't know. Frustrating though!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast