Warshrines and Characters.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    292 (x6)

Warshrines and Characters..

I would like to build a war shrine, and park it in the middle of a unit with a character on top of it, possibly like a sorcerer and/or a BSB

Now apart from looking mean and impressive, how does this affect our army as far as the rules are concerned?

I was thinking of having a two rank deep box of warriors all around it, so it would march as the centre piece of the army (bit like an aircraft carrier) and have mounted units or hounds flanking it on all sides.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

heah?
    u mean unit filler?
    u cant put a warshrine in a unit but if its just a unit filler that wld be fine
    it get annoying with template weapons but that can all be worked out when it happens

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    292 (x6)

sorry, yes the War shrine would be a unit filler as such, but I was more interested in parking characters on top of it, so even if it stood alone, how would the rules see say a BSB on the war shrine model?

I take it that as a unit filler it and theoretically he could still be targeted? - it would be a nice piece of battlefield bling really, as I've got an idea for a giant conversion!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

It would look cool, so you can do it. As for the rules, they say you can't - a chariot can be used in such a way, but though Warshrine has the chariot troop type, there's no such option in the army book, as far as I'm aware. But if you tell your opponent you have it and he still wants to play with you, it's ok. Also, you can't put a chariot or a warshrine into a unit, it's only for Slaan and some Skaven monstrosities and maybe something else, but not here.

Edit: you know there's no such thing as unit filler rules-wise? It's just one big model instead of many rank-and-files, so it's easier to move it, cheaper to build it and looks good, but counts as as many e.g. Warriors as the base size tells.
    Last edited by Miko de Adamyetz; March 8th, 2012 at 17:29.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

292 (x6)

Thanks Miko,

I think I understand. So although it can't join a unit it's seen as a chariot troop type as you say.

Now does this mean though I can or I can't stick a BSB on it, and make it move with the units?

sorry to be so thick!

Also it's not going to be on a chariot base!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

You can't have a character on a Warshrine, no. You can feel free to model him up there to make the Shrine look extra nice, but he can't be played as a character in the default rules. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you're going to use the model as unit filler (and "unit filler" means that he doesn't play using the rules in the book, but is instead a stand-in for a certain number of troops), you should place him on a base that's compatible with WoC's 25mm infantry. so that means 25mm square, 25 x 50, 50 square, 50 x 100, that sort of thing.

Another thing to point out is that the previous posters were incorrect regarding the Warshrine's unit type - it's considered to be a Monster, not a Chariot. As such, it cannot join units of infantry. See the WoC unit type summary and the rules on joining units under Characters in the main rulebook for details.
    Last edited by rothgar13; March 8th, 2012 at 21:17.
    "The best defense is a good offense." -Gen. George S. Patton

My philosophy on gaming, courtesy of Herm Edwards.

+ Reply to Thread