WoC rumors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WoC rumors

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoC rumors

theDarkGeneral again claimed a Juggernaught mounted unit called Brazen Knights will appear and would also have a Fantasy equivalent. What this mean's for a possible kit is unclear.
    Codex: Chaos Legions rumours

I'm wondering if we might finally be getting some rules for chaos knights/chosen on juggers as a rare units much like blood knights for VC, this also makes me wonder if we could expect to see special units for each god rather than having to upgrade everything with marks.

Updated rumours 19/3/12

Hero Zero says:

My source says expect a 3 point drop per model but be prepared for a drop in a stat. Chosen to go down to warriors +1 ppm and have the same statline.
    I asked about MoT he said look at skinwolves
    MoS is once again the cheap mark
    The effect of non marked units effects their wallets none. Look at what they did to bestigors. All those people who spent a ton of pestigors/khornagors ....oh well.
    Besides its not like they can't bend us over to buy marked chosen using warrior models.
    Oh and source says its loss of init, but that will be upgradeable ( I'm guessing MoS)
    MoN is poison. And for kormak iall I know is that its going to be ugradeable I'm betting its the warshrine effects from a MoS shrine.
    Oh ya shrines going to be passive auras ie khorne shrine = frenzy / +1 attack, MosS +1 init /asf, MoN 6+/5+ posion etc of course its gonna be a 6" range so you can't bubble the whole army
    Your hopes are unfounded for the sad-goth (shaggoth) it will still suck better save is all I'm hearing.
    Daemon Princes are going to be worth taking again but source says sub 2k games wont see them ( i'm guessing 400+ points with a massive price hike)
    As we all know our magic item bonanza will be stripped pretty hard, and gifts are going to be totally reworked.
    source confirms: chaos daemon sword, armor of damnation, crown of everlasting conquest.
    Daemonsword,runesword, unknown cheap sword. Runeshield, AoD, crown of everlasting,helm of many eyes are all in according to source.
    Lores get updated significantly. Slaanesh is almost total rewrite except frenzy spell.
    Chaos lords go down in points by 15%
    Shadow is available on heroes.
    Dragon Ogres are t5
    Gone is the EotG rules as we know it.
    Forsaken get new rules. Playtest says skirmishers.
    Oh the rumor of marks being ppm is entirely validated, but prepared for them to only apply to chosen +knights etc. One rumor doesn't invalidate the other.
    Marauders without marks and a ppm hike is gonna kill a lot of their table time but everyone grab your army book. What's the title...warriors of chaos so yes of course we will see the focus on cheaper ( and less statted) warriiors.
    Frenzied mon cav units you say you want. Wish really hard it could happen
    My source is working as a data processing monkey doing revisions on the play test documents . When they get changed and revised they pass through his entirely unethical hands. He isn't willing to post the documents up thanks to the NDA pretty bluntly saying his ass would get sued off for doing so. But he is willing to share what he is reading as it crosses his desk. Personally I take most of it with a grain of salt but most of what he tells me is usually pretty close to actual release.

Oh and if anyone cares
    Chaos lord -15% points, same stat line.
    100 points of War gear
    50 points of "Gifts of the Gods"
    Same mount options
    Option to mark work different for lords. ( TZ makes you a caster up to lvl 2...)

Comes with two unnamed special rules.
    First: Re-roll to all panic,fear,terror for any model within LOS.
    Second: Must declare and Accept Challenges and may not flee as a charge reaction.

"Gifts of the Gods"
    2 for each god work like Daemonic gifts, 2 generic.
    first is cheap, second is not, cheap + expensive cannot be taken.
    Khorne= better combat (Devastating Charge, Killing Blow)
    Nurgle= Survival ( +1 T but -1 initative, -1 to hit)
    Slaanesh = ld tricks (-1 ld in BTB, pass LD test to attack, on doubles hit own side. )
    Tz= casting ( +1 to channeling attempts, +d3 casting and dispel)
    Generic= generic ( +1 to AS , +1 to LD)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

SHADOW ON HEROES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last bit about the Gift of the Gods is cool. +1LD for Undivided is what I thought would happen but it's still cool seeing it A shame about warriors going down a stat but if it's Init I don't care as Init 4 is plenty. Attacks was the important stat.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Loss of the puppet makes me sad. Inclusion of jugger cav makes me happy . New marks look awesome, as does the new warshrine rules. I really like these changes if they are the ones made, particularly if statlines generally stay the same. Can warriors and marauders still be marked, or are there only options for dedicated God units? I didn't understand that too clearly. All over, I'm looking forward to this release, but am still hoping it's a long way off.
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it looks like they want to sell more Warriors models, make them into hordes. Because currently only few boxes of them is enough for every player. Bad news.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    292 (x6)

sorry to be thick, but when you say shadow on heroes is that the lore of shadows?

I've got lots of warrior models, and being an old git I'm still totally stoked on having a totally Khorne themed army (painting up my command units now ). I agree with you Borak, -1 init is the gentle nerf as far as i'm concerned, they could have done a lot more damage!

I'm very much keeping my fingers crossed for Brass riders as well, as er... my juggernaut collection is coming on quite rapidly!

So is the gift of the gods thing for characters or units? I'm just thinking of a khornate bloodbath! +1S/frenzy/devestating charge / killing blow!!!

magnificent!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

I think gift of the gods will be for characters and mabey some unit champion

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just to condense threads.
    Lords being caster (tz mark)s doesn't prevet sorc lords. Sorc lords will be the only option for a lvl 4 caster.
    (Tz mark is cheaper on sorc lord, different effect.)
    The gifts as I posted rock if you think about them. Btw they are 15-25 or 30-45 each

Chaos knights take a little nerf, but go down in points by 5.
    But you gotta buy magic weps now at +5 ppm.

Chaos ogres will continue to suck.

Chaos chariot will be markable and have a rerollable impact hit upgrade.

Chaos giant. Unchanged but cheaper .
    Few more for you

@ Borak - I think its anyone who can have +1 ld, I thought you would be more happy about chaos lords that can be sorcerers

@ MightisRight - Well the guy said no to marks on chaos warriors and marauders which seems to indicate the shrine is used to give them the effect.

@ Kaleb Daark - I'm guessing for characters only
    Last edited by HappyJim; March 19th, 2012 at 14:48.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

So it'll be like the vampire book. Rework some mechanics, streamline magic items, make the unit every one took a ton of cost a little more, make everything else cost less, and throw in some new kits for good measure.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am happy for the points decrease in Warrior since I love painting armour.
    Loss of marks on them... Not so much. But I guess I will finally be rewarded for my Wrshrine preferance.
    Last edited by The Odor; March 19th, 2012 at 16:59.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

T5 on dragon ogres makes me happy, now if only they could gain impact hits too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast