Crom the Conquerer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Crom the Conquerer

Got Crom the Conquerer for Christmas and had a few questions about him and was wondering of some of you Chaos veterans could answer.

I read a little about Crom from the wiki and it says that he was under Archaeon and fought Grimgore Ironhide to a draw.

Did Crom ever have special rules and has anyone here painted him?

I was planning on using him as a default Chaos Lord but would love to have rules for him when I play games with Special characters.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

His rules are in the storm of chaos campaign booklet. If I remember he's basically a super Chaos Lord with one special rule. In combat he can choose to either fight with AHW or a shield. If he's in a challenge fighting with AHW lets him re-roll either hits or wounds, and using the shield makes it so that your opponent counts as only having a mundane hand weapon.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

Yeah, he was a challenge beast, but it was back in 6/7 ed, I don't think there are rules for 8ed. It's a nice model, I have him converted as regular Lord.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

I seem to remember him having some sort of special rule with an extra weapon where he could make additional attacks for every successful hit he caused, or something along those lines - I used him once in a storm of chaos game, but found it much more entertaining to have him nullify my enemies special sword and have him near unkillable (back in 6th you got an additional +1 to armour for hand weapon and shield, so he was packing a pretty hefty 2+ save which was hard to modify)

Those were the good old days, where the glorious charge of chaos knights spelled doom for anything they touched (well, at least wiping off the front rank and watching the rest of the unit flee after failing their night impossible break test!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Right screwed it up. If you fight with AHW you get to attack again when you cause a wound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

After a lot of digging I found his rules:

Crom is a Lords choice and if taken must always be your army general. He must be used exactly as represented here and may not be given additional equipment.

Profile M WS BS S T W I A Ld
    CROM 4 9 3 5 5 3 8 5 9

Weapons: Crom wears Chaos armour and carries a sword, an axe and a shield.

SPECIAL RULES

Master of Chaos Undivided: Crom hears the Mark of Chaos Undivided, and the vast majority of his troops celebrate Chaos in its purest, undiluted form. Units of Chaos Warriors or Knights bearing any Mark other than Chaos Undivided count as Special Units. Units of Chosen Chaos Warriors or Chosen Knights bearing any Mark other than Chaos Undivided count as Rare Units. Daemons of all types also count as Rare Units. However, all Marauder and Marauder Horsemen units may have the Mark of Chaos Undivided for free. They may not be given any other Marks.

Immense Pride: Crom is a true warrior, a master of single combat. He has defeated many chieftains in single combat to gain leadership of their tribes, each victory increasing an already considerable pride. Crom must always accept a challenge if one is issued.

The Way of the Warrior: The Conqueror is supremely skilled in many styles of fighting, be it with sword and axe, or sworcl and shield.

With his sword and axe Crom is a whirlwind of destruction, his attacks striking with such power that his opponents are torn apart by the storm of blows. If Crom fights with sword and axe he gains +1 Attack for an additional hand weapon as normal. In addition, if he fights with sword and axe in a challenge, Crom may make an additional attack for each wounding hit he makes (before saving throws).

Crom uses his shield expertly, forcing his opponent back and blocking any attempt to launch an attack. If Crom fights with sword and shield he gets the normal +1 to his Armour save for using a hand weapon and shield. In addition if he fights with sword and shield in a challenge, any special rules applying to Crom's opponent's weapon are completely nullified; in other words his opponents always count as using a single handed weapon regardless of their actual equipment. This applies to both magical and mundane equipment.

I am wondering if this point cost is still good to use him in a game today. From some old forum posts I read about him many people used to complain about him being too cheap for a special character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've used him before. he's quite hard to use effectively imo, he's at his best in challenges, and no-one a) issues them to him, or b) accepts his with their character, they just fob you off with a champion. if they've got a lord with beefed up weapon's and you opponent hasn't seen him in action before, he's lethal against generals.

i reckon he's worth it, but he's a bit of a one-trick pony. you'll beat an opponent with him a few times, then they'll start refusing challenges e.t.c.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

I guess he can murder a unit if they wont accept his challenge, so it is a bit of a danger to let him have free reign to fight.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

Not really, four/five attacks, it's not that good, hordes suck it up easily, elite troops have better saves. And he has nothing besides the challenge rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

I will most likely have him join a unit of chaos warriors then go hunting for enemy units with characters in it to either force the enemy to not use the character by refusing the challenge or if they do accept, just wipe the floor with them.

+ Reply to Thread