Chaos War Mamoth-Worth It - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos War Mamoth-Worth It

Does any one have opinions on the chaos war mamoth in "Tamurkhan:Throne of Chaos"?

I used it recently and it did not at all bad but i was playing against skaven so no high strength things to wound it except warp lightning cannons.
    Does anyone have experience using one or playing against one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    292 (x6)

no, but on a sheer WTF iis that!!!! level how could you not field one!!!

and also it could carry a small group of marauders into the fray can't be a bad thing!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Also, how could you have possibly had a good experience with that thing against Skaven? Thing shoulda been dead turn 2. Tell your friend to check out the Skaven forum.
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleb Daark View Post
    no, but on a sheer WTF iis that!!!! level how could you not field one!!!

and also it could carry a small group of marauders into the fray can't be a bad thing!
    The excellent thing about the Tamurkhan war Mamoth is it states the you can have any infantry unit from WoC, or Chaos Dwarves so i decided to put on some Infernal Guard with Blunderbusses.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    292 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by GameMasterWillow View Post
    The excellent thing about the Tamurkhan war Mamoth is it states the you can have any infantry unit from WoC, or Chaos Dwarves so i decided to put on some Infernal Guard with Blunderbusses.
    I love this even more!!

I personally would just love to field one for nothing more than the chance of fielding a really lovely model, lets face it, what's just not to like about having it on the battefield?

especially now that the empire have got that revolting pin headed griffon monstrosity thing going on.

I really must buy that book...

@BrockSamson - I really enjoyed reading your tactica in the Skaven forum, hats off to you my good man!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Gracias, it's still a work in progress and I can only take credit for half of it.
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

make it a warshrine and it gets a 4+ wardsave = pwnage.

we recently had a tournament where there were 4 fielded in various armies (2 squigoths in orc armies)

they were the storm of magic ones so have to ward save.

its very polar how they perform based on their attack table. A few rampaged thorugh entire armies, while others died in 1 round of combat vs 40 HE spearmen.

the main problem with it is it has a HUGE base, so there are going to be a lot of attacks coming at you.

BUT, make it warshrine and its awesome.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

292 (x6)

sorry to be thick, but how do you do that?

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Yeah, looking through my copy of Tamurkhan all that I'm seeing is the "any infantry unit" portion of the rules. I might be blind here (was up all of last night with ill family) but I don't think that you can make him into a Warshrine.

They're good - they have the same downfalls as any other monster. Cannons will wreck them (although not kill them outright - too many wounds) and there are ways to pound a lot of high-strength shots in. If your opponent can't figure out how to deal with it, and you keep it stuck in against flanks or units who can't do much damage to the front, you're going to run roughshod over their army. So, as Hellcannons said, my experiences with it have been pretty polar. Sometimes great, other times... he just rolls over. Most of the stuff in T:ToC is already a tad overpriced, so not only is he a big part of your army, it's also pretty much a guarantee that you could get better stuff just from the WoC book to fill those points. There's better stuff in the rest of the book too - look through the Chaos Dwarfs and tell me that you don't want some InfernalBusses in your ranks. Or the combined-hosts, and grab a few Daemons (Flamers... ohmygod Flamers). Hell, you can have both if you go for a predominately Warrior army, since Chaos Dwarfs can be included in a Warriors host, and therefore in a combined armylist with Daemons or Beasts.

Tamurkhan is my contingency plan for when GW inevitably wrecks my Warriors book.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pretty sure you can make him a WS as part of an upgrade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast