Death's Head - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Death's Head

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death's Head

Ok so I was looking through our magic ites list and came across the Death's Head. Am I reading this right?
    We throw the head and hit the enemy unit. Roll a D6, the number rolled is how many Toughness tests the UNIT takes?

So I roll a 3....Each model in the unit take a toughness test, all that failed take a wound.
    The models remaining take the second test, remove casualties.
    Remaining models take a third test, remove casualties, test for Panic is applicable?

Is that right? Cuz oh baby I could see that being used on squishy Elves, Humans, and Goblins!

Warriors of Chaos > 3,000
    Skaven <1,500
    Life - TBA

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

lol what?

I'm pretty sure if you throw it at someone and you roll a 3 on the D6, the unit takes 3 toughness tests (your opponent rolls 3 dice) and if he fails all three then the unit loses 3 models distributed as per shooting. And that's that. If it worked the way I think you're describing it, it would cost 100pts or something ridiculous and be banned from half the GT tournaments.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol it was a thought alright. Hopeful thinking. I looked at it and went "That can't be right, that could kill potentially kill a horde in 1 shot."

Guess it's more of something to be used on the heavily armored units with lower toughnesses.
    Warriors of Chaos > 3,000
    Skaven <1,500
    Life - TBA

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

It's a nice item to have if you are on a disc and want to annoy Brets I guess, but even then Roar is better because it can be used many times.

I have tried Bloodskull Pendant a few times, and it is surprisingly effective on a stealing MoT/Third-Eye sorcerer with a charmed shield.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    It's a nice item to have if you are on a disc and want to annoy Brets I guess, but even then Roar is better because it can be used many times.

I have tried Bloodskull Pendant a few times, and it is surprisingly effective on a stealing MoT/Third-Eye sorcerer with a charmed shield.
    you can only give bloodskull pendant on models on foot only, so not on disc riders

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

My guy is on foot - that's what makes it a wonderful surprise.

For a disc sorcerer, I try not to have him get into combat with anything other than a war-machine crew.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

+ Reply to Thread