Rant On - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rant On

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Rant On

Dweller's Below, 13th, Plague.

Each game I play, I get hit with one of those three spells at least 2 - 3x per game. Today I got hit with dweller's 3x on units that had MR2, mark of Tzeentch which both did nothing against it. (that was after wasting a dispel scroll to stop it once, and saving all my dice for it each time too, curse the dice gods)

Magic resistance not resisting magic is fail. 8th edition magic is fail.

Rant off.

Anyone have the luck I have? lol ;/

Last edited by AshBorn; May 1st, 2012 at 05:22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x5)

Sounds like you need to spruce up the magic defense there, champ - did you bring a L4 Wizard of your own? Did you bring the Puppet to punish your opponent for 6-dicing stuff? Did you bring a Third Eye caddy to give him a taste of his own medicine? WoC has the tools to at least respond in kind.

And yeah, MR is kind of useless.
    "The best defense is a good offense." -Gen. George S. Patton

My philosophy on gaming, courtesy of Herm Edwards.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

I did all but third eye, today anyway. I don't know that I'll be leaving home again without it lol.

I did have the puppet but throne of vines protected him.. Couldn't much get rid of that spell and still have dice left to be able to stop those bombs haha... I did try once and failed my dispel dice rolling a 3. On vines that is.

There are ways to combat it, just feels like I've had a lot of bad luck lately with these spells. Mostly mad because I souped up the MR to help against magic, playin High Elves, and it ended up not helping me at all. I knew MR didn't work on Dwellers, but it was a premade list that wasnt tailored for lore of Life.

Infernal puppet did nothing today, and my level 4 wizard cast only one successful spell all game, that was pit of shades that missed ;/

Just had three games in a row with bad luck on magic is all. Blah!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

If it's any comfort some tournaments allow Look out sir rolls for those spells.

If you're really fed up, you could always take 3 level 2s and spam buboes or spirit leech on the offending caster. should be dead in 2, maybe 3 turns.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

Haha yeah I guess that would do it. Maybe I'll try that! Probably won't help against Skaven crap cuz theres always more than one with that signature it seems.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by AshBorn View Post
    Dweller's Below, 13th, Plague.

Each game I play, I get hit with one of those three spells at least 2 - 3x per game. Today I got hit with dweller's 3x on units that had MR2, mark of Tzeentch which both did nothing against it. (that was after wasting a dispel scroll to stop it once, and saving all my dice for it each time too, curse the dice gods)

Magic resistance not resisting magic is fail. 8th edition magic is fail.

Rant off.

Anyone have the luck I have? lol ;/
    Yes, yes and yes! I get Skaven magic grief on a regular basis - dreaded 13th is a game breaker when you lose a Sorcerer Lord in a unit of 18 warriors or even worse, chosen.

This is how I counter it:
    1. Saddle up the knight death star MoT/Blasted, Skaven struggle against that unit and it can't be targeted by 13th.
    2. A big marauder block is a good bunker for a Death Sorcerer [give him Collar of Khorne to counter Plague, Puppet to punish], pretty safe from 13th due to cost & number of bodies.
    3. Start playing Lore of Death - HINT: pay close attention to the Screaming Bell model's leadership...

Plague is annoying, but 3rd Eye means we can throw it back at him.

“If you’re in the penalty area and don’t know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we’ll discuss the options later.” – Bob Paisley

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

97 (x3)

Ahh I forgot about the 13th not being able to affect cavalry! Ty for reminding me! Dweller's could still tag them though, but on 6 knights or so with strength 4, means you only lose 2ish knights each time its cast, so not too bad I suppose.

I actually have never played Death yet, just shadow and WoC lores. I will try it out. My ranting is getting me some good advice, ty! Normally I wouldn't cry about such things, but I got fed up and had a moment of weakness

+ Reply to Thread