Number crunching - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Number crunching

I've just been doing some number crunching and turned up a few things. Firstly I was just having a look to see how much a dent i'd make in a saurus horde of 40 with my standard 18 man 6 wide unit of tzeentch. Then I got to thinking why the best combos were. So overall

For damage output khorne with halberds wins, for least losses tz with shields wins. So that's really a no brainier everyone knows that.

The interesting bit is when you work out what the best ratio is for kills vs wounds. Tz with shields wins again however nurgle with shields has the same chance of winning the combat on kills as khorne halberds.

I then ranked the tables and added the placing scores.

As it turns out for overall performance tzeentch with shields wins. Joint second were nurgle with shields khorne with shields and khorne with halberds.

See the picture below for the actual table.
    It's a little fuzzy as I had to photo my screen as my Internet is only on my phone lol.

I may crunch some more numbers such as if you add in frenzy banners etc. should be interesting.

Anyway just thought I'd put some of this up.

A

Last edited by Commisarlestat; May 25th, 2012 at 21:47.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

Am I reading that correctly? Tzeentch with Halbs has the highest win ratio? So when you banner of rage them ...
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Tzeentch with shields has the best overall ratios. So if you banner of rage them you would lose the parry. I'm going to number crunch it but at the moment they are the best bet against saurus.

A

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I think that I might have a similar program on my computer also. I would run the math with a "straight 3" and a "straight 4" profile (WS3, S3, T3, I3 etc). This will probably give a better idea of what you're looking for, rather than testing against something as specific as Saurus.
    Otherwise, interesting study.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

I might just do that. I started doing it to gauge effectiveness against units I face frequently to see if I could squeeze more points out of my lists. I think I'll go for large hordes first as the attacks back won't suffer from the kills.
    I'm going to do deamons but the rerolls and killing blow etc would need working out too.

I'll post up more results as and when I do them.

A

7. Likexfactor liked this post.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the math!!! Can't wait to see more.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

I did some more today with empire troops in horde and bus. Khorne with halberds all the way for ratios. Don't even contemplate nurgle in combat with them. They'd do better if the WS drop didn't just affect their front rank. With a lot less bs shooting in many empire armies nurgle doesn't seem that good out of combat either.

A

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Yeah Nurgle wouldn't help against non BS skill shooting units..

But it is superior to Tzeentch for BS shots.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

True about 3 times more effective at long range then again we always have the blasted standard and of 30 crossbow shots its still below 1 for both. There are so many variables in the game that combat is really the only straight up comparison available and even then it can get a little tenuous. Nice to know which units to send into which combats and how effective they'll be in the first round though!

Oddly enough I did the opposite with 40k and limited it to shooting as the combats tend to be very one sided and thus to variable. Anyway enough of my rambling.
    A

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

I'm pretty sure that the -1WS for Nurgle affects the whole unit, as long as they're attacking the nurglings. Still, -1WS does nothing against anything that isn't WS3 or WS6.
    The BS bonus is only about 10% more effective than the 6+ Ward from Tzeentch, if I remember my math correctly. Yeah - Nurgle is really a poor mark, which is part of why I wanted you to run the math against something with more "standard" stats than the highly optimized Saurus Warrior (they pay for all the good stuff, and get discounts on all the rest).
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast