Tournament - Chaos 1900 Vs Lizard 1700 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, here's the skinny... We're playing a tournament (group of friends) and I'm playing Chaos... Rules are flexible and as such, I'm able to play whatever Chaos army I so choose...

Lately I've been bashing away at dwarves with Tzeentch with great success, but I've never, ever, battled lizardmen - ever. So I have no clue what I'm going up against.

So with the above information, I believe my lizardman opponent will expect me to build a 1900pt Tzeentch army... I'm thinking of doing the exact opposite of what he expects, thus throwing him off his game plan. Perhaps playing undivided and maybe playing a few Khorne units (warriors and knights), etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this on what I should do and field? Do lizardmen have tough magic and/or range attacks? Is there any point in fielding maruaders, as I hear lizardmen are tough all around?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skinks are nasty little bastards, with their poison shots.
    Lizzies don't have incredible magic until 2000 points (Slaan). They can have a kind of nasty magic phase with Skink Priests, though.
    Saurus are nasty. They can take a charge from your Chaos Warriors, or break them if they get the charge. Saurus Cav is nasty, etc.
    I'd take a fairly Knight-heavy army with some fast cav/hounds to deal with skinks and whatnot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lizards are torn apart by missile fire - but as you're playing Chaos that's not much of an option.

Saurus warriors are a match for Chaos warriors.

Skinks could lure your frenzied Khorne warriors into unfavourable positions. Skinks are expendable - but they can still pelt you with poisoned attacks if you don't take care of them. 10 warhounds will eat 10 skinks very quickly and cost the same number of points.

You don't have much to fear from Salamanders - they are devastating against soft troops but close to pointless against heavy armour.

Terradons and scouting skinks can take out lone wizards so don't leave anything on it's own.

Also if you're going heavy cavalry stay away from his Kroxigors - they like to eat heavy cavalry (3 S7 attacks) and they can charge through friendly skinks.

The Carnosaur is a killer in h2h - but it does frenzy as soon as it gets the taste of blood so it can spend the entire game chasing fast cavalry and at more than 300 points it's worth keeping this baby occupied (especially if you don't want it charging into your units with it's possible 12/13 attacks).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He won't have to worry about a Carny in 1700 points.

Kroxigors are a good point, though.

+ Reply to Thread