Tzeentch Spellcasters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What combination of spellcasters do you use in your sub 2,000 point Tzeentch army?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3 Champions of Tzeentch

2 66.67%
  • 2 Champions of Tzeentch, one Sorcerer

0 0%
  • 1 Champion of Tzeentch, two Sorcerers

0 0%
  • 2 Champions of Tzeentch

1 33.33%
  • 1 Champion of Tzeentch, one Sorcerer

0 0%
  • 1 Champion of Tzeentch

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie, and will stay away from 2,000+ (Lord) armies for a while.

What combination of spellcasters do you use for your Tzeentch armies?

I imagine that as the strength of Tzeentch is magic, we ought to include as many lvl 2 spellcasters as possible, to give us as many power dice as we can get our hands on.

I plan on using 3 (Aspiring) Champions of Tzeentch. It seems that for just 30 more points (lvl 2 Sorcerer), I get a spellcaster that can fight in close combat as well.

On the other hand, three Champions of Tzeentch means I limit myself to one lore.

Which spells in the lores of Fire, Shadow and/or Death have made you decide to give up one or more character slots to regular Sorcerers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only is using sorcerors very unfluffy in tzeetchian armies(except maybe beastmenw,where they have an important role in society),but your right,the 30 points more for a champion is worth getting the incredible fighting abilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Abbadon@Nov 17 2004, 10:57
    Not only is using sorcerors very unfluffy in tzeetchian armies(except maybe beastmenw,where they have an important role in society),but your right,the 30 points more for a champion is worth getting the incredible fighting abilities.
    [snapback]251957[/snapback]
    I've been taking a closer look at the lore of Shadow though, and it seems to complement the Lore of Tzeentch very well.

I think the two areas that my Tzeentch army is weak in is in defense vs ranged combat (artillery) and offense vs armor save (cavalry).

Steed of Shadows can propel a champion (or the sorcerer himself, if needed) to deal with a particularly dangerous artillery piece (cannon poised to attack my knights' flank, for example). Can only be cast on models on foot.

Creeping Death is your basic 24" D6 S3 magic missile... except that it doesn't allow for an armor save. Finally a (reliable) way to deal with cavalry. Red Fire can do the job, if you're lucky (would need to roll a 5 or 6 to really cause much harm vs cavalry) and Blue Fire can do the job as well (+1 on the roll, but half the range), but I think Creeping Death will be the spell I want to roll for my Sorcerer.

Pelt of Midnight. Protection vs ranged weapons? Yes, please! At only 7+ to cast, you can get away with using only 2 dice (though if I really want to protect a unit, I'd probably use 3 dice).

Shades of Death. As my Tzeentch units usually aren't very big, I don't think I'll have much use for this spell.

Unseen Lurker. 10+, which gets into the 'if I get lucky' range for lvl 2 sorcerers (average roll with 3 dice is 10.5, so the chance of rolling 10+ with 3 dice is a little more than 50%). Cast on any unengaged friendly unit within 24" to give additional 8" (charge) move. This lets me get to their warmachines even faster. A turn 1 20" move with a flying unit (Furies and/or Screamers) plus 8" means trouble for those warmachines.

Pit of Shades. Exchange for Steed of Shadows

+ Reply to Thread