Pure Marauders Or Female Chaos Warriors? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There seems to be quite a few 40k players looking to get into fantasy. i'm one of them. So here's the obligatory: Hi, this is my first post! I do not have the Warhammer fantasy battles rulebook but i do have the hordes of chaos army book. i know very little of how the game is played as i am used to 40k.

Since that's out of the way, on to the topic

I am looking to get into a Hordes of Chaos army (considering either hordes or dwarfs, unsure as of yet but leaning more towards chaos). I had a neat idea for a themed army, however the models look to be mostly marauders as i can't think of a way to get female knight figs made that would have a cohesive look to them that agrees with the rest of the army.

My idea was to have a largely female force that looks slightly tribal (using the 'marauders of slaanesh' conversion kit and/or mordheim amazons), as if they came from an arrid savannah or somewhere in the east (much like the Haradrim in the Return of the King movie, in fact i am considering buying and converting a Mumakil to substitute for a forge world War Mammoth, unsure on scale though).

So the question is: would a pure marauders army be any good game-wise? otherwise, does anyone have an idea on how i can make female chaos warriors/knights to go along with this theme (most likely they will follow Slaanesh)?

[edit] let me clarify my reasoning for an all-marauder army, or at least an army without the normal chaos warrior and knight figs. The army is supposedly from a more arid area, thus full armor might not be a good idea for people to wear, but if they do, i don't want the fur-lined warriors and knights of the north to be beside my female marauders that look like they are from a completely different region.
    (btw, the paint scheme for my marauders will be similar to the Mahud (the mumakil 'drivers' from the ROTK movie))

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Well marauder army's are a rareity, they can work but will take skill as they do die easy enough (low T & SV) but are quite cheap thus allowing large blocks and more than you would with normal warriors. Also if you do plan to do thus Kudos to you, a true Horde Of Chaos it will be, also should be quite fun to use.

As for female C.Warriors, I'd say search the Slannesh range or using c.warriors/slimmer armoured bodies convert them. A female head and model some breasts on and they may turn out ok, though it may be trial and error.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, my biggest complaint with the chaos warriors and knights like i've said is that they look like they come from the north (heavy furs, bulky armor, etc.) which, considering the fluff of Hordes of Chaos is well done but does nothing for my purposes

if the warriors looked more like the easterlings from the LotR range (which i would get but tehy aren't quite the same scale as other warhammer minis) then they would kinda fit my army, but as it stands now, there doesn't seem to be a heavy-armor model that fits

Oh well, i'm still debating on an army and i think i want to do something Chaos, using slaanesh as the patron god of course. (of course a dwarf army is also in the running as the army i want to start, followed closely by lizardmen or dark elves).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the staff people at GW made a Chaos Amazon army, so it could work in modelling, and i suppose it could work game wise.

heres the site with the amazons:
    http://us.games-workshop.com/games/paintin...ed_armies/3.htm

the picture isnt very good, but it should give you some ideas for the conversions
    Pain is life, while I feel pain I still live, and while I still live I will seek vengance.
    We are few but strong in will
    The last with pagan blood
    We fought the world with burning steel
    Now we sit in Hall of Gods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

i may or may not follow this idea out, i might just say 'to hell with it, too expensive'

(that and i've also been looking over the Skaven Eshin list in SoC)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weird o weird o weird.

I have been considering exactly the same stuff as you it seems.

Firstly i wanted to do an all female khorne army of mounted chaos knights

the saw the soc eshin list and moved to that... then brought the skaven rule book, was appalled and switched back to trusty old hordes of chaos (trading in armies book- skaven for 2 knights of chaos on the way)

now i'm back to my mounted knight army, but yep, i too thought conversion work would be hell, therefore i've decided only my general will be female.

for models suggest checking out some 40k dark eldar models, the wytches seemed perfect to me, with a few conversions.
    -C-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should put knights and warriors in. Chaos people dont care about the weather, they are bound in chaos armor and the only thing on their mind is death and world domination, not B.O. If you want a woman themed army use dark elf models, such as witch elves, and the warrior sprue has torsos with breasted warriors. Also use demonettes. Just use your imagination....and use knights and warriors....they win games.
    "Inspired by the most logical race in the galaxy, the Vulcans, breeding will be permitted once every seven years. For many of you this will mean much less breeding, for e, much much more." -- Comic Book Guy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the idea of chaos warriors with furs and things. im just a new chaos player but i am going to make a saxon army which will look awesome.
    "Fight like gobbos"- Skarsnik

+ Reply to Thread