Librarium Online Forums banner

1000 Tzeentch

866 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  imported_ollie 
#1 ·
Heroes:
3 exalted champion(tzeentch marked), All wiht Shield(to stop missles :eek:) and GWs(I prefer them over Flails simply because they get the first strike anyways when they charge... and with all the manuverability I don't see ANY reason you shouldn't get the charge)

Gen:disc of tzeentch/power familiar

other two: wings for mutations(I just love the fact that a hero can fly, fight and cast magic all at a high level :D)

Core:
2 Chariots of Deception(mark of tzeentch)

I know this is SUPER lame :p(but well so am I :D), but I used this once, and I managed to win a 1000 point game by 1400 points :p, and I didn't lose a single thing :eek:.. The point is this... your magic is unbelievalbe, ELEVEN power dice :eek: in a 1000 point game is nigh unstopable, and a regular troop will be rendered COMPLETELY useless... except for perhaps creatings shades ^^, and you've just made the most effective assasinating army possible. Plus you're garunteed to get teh flank charge with you chariots and your heros, so whatever you CAN'T kill with your magic(probally heavy cavelry and chariots :p, can be wiped out by your men, as they are, in NO way weak(4 st7 wpn skill 8 attacks :eek:... that's a 3+ to hit and a 2+ to wound with generally NO armor save :eek:... and your chariots have d6+1(or 2d6 +2 if you charge with them together) impact hits... might I say GODLY :eek:. It's unfair I know, and only 6 models is a TERRIBLE thing to do, but I was just wondering if anyone can think of something to beat it, if it CAN be :D

See less See more
#2 ·
O&G Horde Army would kill this army so long as they didn't run from magic damage.

You have to realize with 1000 pts they could technically have 500 night goblins. If one of your heroes should happen to charge a group of night gobbos with spears, he would probably kill 3 of the front rank of 5 gobbos. Then the 2nd rank guys would fight back and might inflict a wound. In combat results you'd get 3. They'd get 1 for outnumbering, 3 for ranks, 1 for a banner and whatever damage they manage to do. This means they win combat. If you manage to kill 3, you'd still lose combat by at least 2. You'd be the one facing the rolls to not run away. You'd also have to deal with fanatics which can and will make mincemeat of chariots and character models with the chance of inflicting 6 wounds with no armor save. A bolt-thrower (since he can have 2 in that army) can deal an astonishing amount of damage to an independant character and a rock lobba can kill a chariot in one shot (over s7 autokill)

You can do the same with a horde army. 200 marauders. but they don't get the joy of the fanatics and war machines. But they still win combat.

Dwarves could be interesting as well. Shooting your heroes with thunderers or war machines. they don't get the same outnumbering bonuses, but don't need it with 2 cannons (could be outright kills on all of your models). Even worse would be slayers since they don't run away. You'd be stuck in combat and they'd be hitting first against GW. And they have magic resistance.

High elves you'd want to watch out for. Bolt throwers to pin you down or kill characters with good rolling (no AS) and spearmen would crush anything that charged them in the front since they get the 3 rank fighting. Eagles could outmanouver you as well as having their fast cav to run circles around your chariots. Remember chariots cannot march move, so unless they're charging they don't move all that fast.

Dark Elves could field guys with killing blow. as well as bolt throwers.

And most armies could take 2 wizards, 4 dispel scrolls and try to shut down your magic phase for the first round.

Just a thought.

ForgottenKnight

#3 ·
Most of what you said sounds resonably reliable on the stupidity of a chaos player... if INDEED you did end up playing against a horde player :eek:.. for example your 500 goblins, why would I EVER charge?!?^^, there would be no combat the entire game :S(that's why manuverability is my favorite; you get to choose your battles :p) Fanatics however seem quite unstopable(that'd be quite the challenge to stay 8" from every unit in the game for the entire game :S, But I think with the help of my chariots I could win at least one combat but breaking them... I'm not sure how the special orcs and goblins rule works though, I've never played with or against them)

The war machine possibility, WOULD limit my movement area, but as a flyer I'm confident I could still avoid being shot almost the entire game :S... and as for HE great eagles, the key to this army is to target things that are a threat in any way with magic :eek:... I've found very manuverable things tend to be! :D

Anyways, it's kind of neat as you have almost infinite control of the battle :p, but as neat as it is, it's just as lame :rofl:

#4 ·
i can think of a lot that could outdo this.

anything with shooting, to start.

bretts would whupp your ass, due to superior mobility.

elves will shoot you, then meet you with massed ranks.

VC will just stick something in front of those chariots, and then chase you down.

in fact, i think any reasonably balanced army will whupp this list bad.

besides this, when, in 1000 points games, you only put down 5 models. people will say, including me, "dude, get a real army!"
if you want any respect, you should at least get a regiment or two. even some small ones.

#5 ·
if indeed someone was stupid enough to take 500 goblins then they would have no army, big units of goblins are fun, as then you get that nice spell which inflicts a S2 hit on everyone in the unit so they then turn into horrors and attack the unit (make sure you have horror models!!!) then when they are finished with that unit they move on to kill them "warmachines" if they have any as they apparently have insanely amounts of gobbos, also you should try the S2 hit on everyone if you get it as this will put something inside the 8" mark without it moving in so all those fanatics go flying random directions killing more of their own things than yours :/

though relying on the spells you get you should atleast get some decent spells with 3 wizards + red fire is very useful...sometimes :D

#6 ·
Indeed any shooting army will probably own you. Take a golden eye of cheese to reduce shooting kills. You could then screen your other champions with the disc rider if you need to. But still skaven or empire or dwarves or elves could easily kill you.

You can charge with several characters at a time, so you can beat most units easily, although some players would be wise and take a battle standard bearer with a 1+ save or other protectiveness and a sword of might. You'll not get through that very well.

Also I'd like to see you playing (nurgle or tzeench) deamons. A 4+ ward (and a -1 to hit) means you cant touch the unit without getting broken. You will outmagic them though.

VC's will beat you because your multiple units will probably fail some fear or terror tests on the charge, meaning the rest gets bogged down and swamped. A banshee could **** your units as well.

Lizardme would kill you as well, a m9 lone scar veteran, kroxigors, poisoned javelins, salsamanders and tough hard to break blocks with spears and s4 are the cure for your disease.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.