Beastman and Horde mix army help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beastman and Horde mix army help

Im starting a new beastmen army with mix of the hordes of the chaos. I need 2 beat my friends goblin army and im wandering if any1 has any suggestions. Hes gonna b using alot of night goblins and fanatics, wolfriders and probly some spear chukkas and othe gblin units. Any1 with any tatica or army list or even just ideas of chaos to mix in please tell me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Chosen of Khorne with two hand weapons. That will slaughter any lightly armoured low-T foe with ease.

EDIT: And please type proper English. You are not in a hurry to write anything on the forums, so could you take the time to write words instead of numbers (In your defence I have to say the post is still readable, unlike some posts by others I've seen, but use of proper English still wouldn't hurt)
    Last edited by Teron; May 14th, 2005 at 09:15.
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but do watch out fanatics plow trough your chosen warriors or knight just as easy as beastmen.
    generally people pick unit from beastmen to complement the hordes.but hordes are considerd a little slow to help in beats men.the cavalery is nice .but your going to have to be carefull and pay their points.chosen chaos knight might be overkill against gobos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, thanks. I'll keep that in mind.But you can complment hordes with beastmen too, i thought it was only beastmen can be complimented by hordes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Chaos as a whole in one single friggin' big army list. (Not counting Archaon's Horde, the Daemonic Legion nor the Cult of Slaanesh)

This means that you can mix and match units of any type (Mortal, Beastman, Daemon, monster) in any way you see fit. What units exactly are Core and Special are decided by what is the highest-LD character in the army (You want to do a Mortal army, then a Mortal has to have the highest LD out of all characters who could be General)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks for clearing that up for me.What kind of mix do you think would be most effective against the dwarves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

First, I'd say you will need something fast, as you have to disrupt the gunline fast enough so they don't pummel your slower elements to their deaths. Normally, skirmishing, shor-ranged units would be ideal against Dwarves, but since you don't have them, I'd suggest the following:

Have your army be lead by a Beastlord and use some ambushing Beast Herds to disrupt his gunline, so your highly elite Mortal units can advance into their lines and defeat them with superior skill and strength. Add Daemons to taste.

Of course, I'm nowhere near an accomplished Chaos player, but in my opinion such tactics might be sound. Heed the advice of the experienced well, for it may bring you victory.

(And thanks for stopping speaking in 1337speak ^_^)
    Last edited by Teron; May 17th, 2005 at 14:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your playing against gobbo's? Fanatics can be a pain though marauder cavalry with javelins or throwing axes can sort them out. I like taking a Tzeentch lord on disc against gobbos with a spell familiar and staff of change. Buy a few new horror models then indigo fire his 40+ main block of goblins. Ouch! Well its a lot of fun the first time anyway....
    HALO 2 - Sure those first few games where you wipe out the opposition with the rocket launcher, overshield and camoflage are fun but after a while you start looking for something more. Next it has to be death by plasma sword or sticky bomb, till pretty soon only clobbering your opponent with the butt of your rifle will do. The more difficult something is to do, the more fun it is when you pull it off. For IG players the word for this is Mobility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just so everyone knows im playing aginst the dwarves now but thanks for the gobbo strategy though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have another question involving a mix army. Do i have to buy a hordes of the caos and a beastmen codex?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast