2000 point fast army(please help!!!) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point fast army(please help!!!)

Okay, so I've been looking at warhammer for years, and painting whenever i have the money.

I finally got a job good enough to facilitate my buying an entire army, but i still don't want to spend a whole lot of money. I decided on a mostly mounted army. I went to the shop yesterday and almost killed myself by spend almost $100 on new paint, primer, etc...............and $50 on a unit of chaos knights.

I saw an army list on these forums on Friday, but can't find it now. Any ideas for my army? I basically want an army that can get across the board and into CC as fast as i can. I want to obviously have troops that will absolutely annihilate in CC. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

As I said before, all i have at the moment is a few knights.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's list ideas in a sticky on the top of this armies forum. Any ideas about the theme apart from fast?

Do you want to make it purely HoC or branch out a bit? Undivided or marked? A standard cavalry army would need to be fleshed out with marauder horsemen and a warhound screen. Personally if i was going to go this way i'd go with chariots, dragon ogres and some flying demons like screamers and furies but thats just because the units are pretty damned cool. Its good to have some fast heroes about. A Tzeentch hero on disc always does the business, daemon princes and the like are dangerous with their flying/terror abilities and its even possible to gear up something like a lord or doombull with a book of secrets, choose lore of shadow and go with basic steed of shadows to get round the battlefield. I'd recomend having at least a flick through Beasts of Chaos if only for some of the magic items. A lord flying round in the magic phase who ignores armour saves, can eat enemy knights for breakfast, be on the artillery and win the battle for you before they can yell 'cheese'. More to give you ideas than be any kind of tactica. Have a look on the painting forum about paint stripping, then check sites like eBay before shelling out from a store.

good luck with the gaming.
    HALO 2 - Sure those first few games where you wipe out the opposition with the rocket launcher, overshield and camoflage are fun but after a while you start looking for something more. Next it has to be death by plasma sword or sticky bomb, till pretty soon only clobbering your opponent with the butt of your rifle will do. The more difficult something is to do, the more fun it is when you pull it off. For IG players the word for this is Mobility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to stick mostly to Khorne, but I don't mind branching out a bit. I want to stay away from Tzeentch if I can though, I've never been a real magicky person. I want basically mounted, but I kind of like the idea of a few demons running amok on the battlefield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Write an army list list you think would be good and people will comment on it. People are mot going to write th list for you.

-Closed-

Closed Thread