Welcome to Librarium Online!
I was thinking of collecting a warrior/daemon army with nothing else (marauders, hellcannon etc) does anyone have any ideas about how effective it would be, im collecting Slaanesg by the way.
RULES OF THE AIR:
1. Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory.
2. Flying is not dangerous. Crashing is what is dangerous.
3. When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No one has ever collided with the sky.
4. A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which they can use the plane again.
I play a pure warrior army and it wins more than it loses(this might be because I play khorne). But IMO I think warrior armies are really good. I like warriors better than any other unit(maybe not knights). In my army(1000 pts), I use only warriors and exalted champions.
<-- that room over there in my avatar is full of people who think you are funny...BURN...
"There are some who call me...Tim?" - Tim the Enchanter
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Warrior armies are really good, if you have a regular size unit of 12 in 2 rows of 6 with the mark of khorne, 2 hand weapons and chosen status and a champion thats 25 attacks in your front row! I have wiped out entire units of my friends dark elves and wood elves with my warriors in the first round of combat. however a unit upgraded liek this is around 400 points for just 12 warriors, plus since there on foot there slower. i always have to have a few units of warhounds in front of them to keep them safe cause they are always the first to be picked off with arrows.
Warrior armies are very nasty to deal with, but make sure you either take shields or you have at least a unit or two of hounds to screen for you. Shooty armies like Dwarfs will almost be guaranteed to mow you down, and if the enemy gets the charge (such as with ogres-damn bull charge) then you will see a bunch of your men start dying.
I really think of warriors as a keystone unit in a hammer and anvil-throw them at the front and hit the flanks with marauders, spawn, chariots etc.
So, enjoy messing around with your knights of chaos after nurgle decided to unleash a horse-based plaugue
Asking for suggestions without knowing what you're planning on doing is like asking a blind man what color shirt matches your eyes.
warriors armies can and will work very well against the right army (which is generally the case in warhammer), one of the main things you need to take into account is that you need to design you army to work around the weakness of the army (mainly its speed).
I have found the best ways to do this are:
1) furies - you need these in you army to deal with things like cannon, rocklobbers before the deal any real damage
2) beast herds - these are great for absorbing missile fire allowing you warriors to make it across the. Also you can use these to protect again enemy skirmishers and flanking units.
3) Chaos spawn, these are again a great way to deal with units such as fliers that may try and march block you list, skirmishers and fast cavalry.
4) you will need some fast units to act as flanking units of your own, be it knights, minotaurs or whatever, all are good for this.
5) Giants can be a great thing to include in you army, its something to draw cannons and bolt throwers away from you slow moving fire.
6) remember to always include a unit champion, i personally use khorne and find warriors are more than able to deal with a unit and character (champions allows you to challenge at a powerful hero while you unit does all the hard work. If you not going Khorne then chosen arnt to bad just remember to keep the unit small with a warbanner.
yeah, i love warriors, just remember cannons and hellblast stuff is dangerous. i used to run a really solid warriors list, but my friend ran a static gun line dwarf list with lot of thunders. and while i used furies it was really hard and it could go either way, except when i reach him. all and all, knights IMPO are better namly because all those warriors in the back that you paid for aren't attacking and if you want to soak wounds there are much cheaper screens.
my best unit for warriors, are chosen with halberds and shields, ive played whole games and harly lost any at the minute. also coz of the upgraded strength they can take on big things as well! i normally use these next to a unit of chosen two hand weapon warriors as they kill everything together!!