Tactics or Fluff? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactics or Fluff?

When you play warhammer, do you like to take the most tactically sound army, or the one that emulates your style? The force which you want to enjoy playing with and not neccessarily the best one?

I myself take the most tactically sound army, but maybe thats because i havent won a battle yet

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I sujject you remake this with a Poll

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I always play forces that I choose to play because I like the models and fluff. My Space Wolves have been ridiculously successful in my local gaming group, but I chose them because I really liked the fluff/models/backround. I must admit though, another draw was getting to use such and awesome close range shooty force. The tactic of moving my Hunters up, Rapid Firing the hell out of whatever is there, blasting it with plasma and melta as well, and then taking the charge before countering with the BC's behind it is wildly appealing to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluff and models all the way. Never, ever take an army just because it's powerful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I think it depends a lot on your gaming environment and how you enjoy the game.

I go all tactics - for me, I want to fight a hard fought battle for both sides, where each player is doing his best to win, not cater to some other dude's idea of what's right and what isn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im with you red. play to win, every time. thats where i find the fun in warhammer.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

I tend to play a tactical army by choosing units that will be effective against my particular opponent. It means generally using more units and having a more flexible playing style if you play that way in my opinion.

If you want to play for fluff get Brettonians, that is the usual cry " I love the fluff" largely because it is physically impossible to pick a tactical Brett army :p
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

+ Reply to Thread